Audi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Hi

I have a 4E0 035 646B unit with BT.

Where can I read the code? I can provide it then. Is it the unit coding (long hex code) or is it an adaption value?

Can I put a code in it for activating NAVI ?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You don't seem to understand SVM codes, the codes are available from Audi for certain upgrades and fixes from them, not for enabling the option you require.

Audi will not supply an SVM code for the dealer to apply to enable Nav in your car.

·
Banned
48 Posts
Hi Craig

you are propably right.

I am confused! Maybe you can help clearing my confusion.

It is quite unclear for me what SVM codes are used for and how or where you enter it. Some are talking about fixes and other talk about retrofit codes.

What can SVM codes be used for?

Personally, I am wondering how Mulitmedia units are upgraded with BlueTooth or NAVI or AMI. Is the function in the unit already and do you use SVM codes for activating the function or does that not have anything to do with SVM codes?

How can others contribute to this thread and how can we use it, when we are not Audi techs with access to GEKO or other Audi databases?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
SVM codes are used for both fixes and upgrades. It is the way that Audi keeps the database upto date with all the options/fixes that have been applied to the car.

Tech applies a known fix, uses an SVM code to update Audi HQ
Tech fits an Ipod interface, uses an SVM code to code the car accordingly and update Audi HQ that the option has been fitted.

I think that's it in a nutshell. But you cannot apply an SVM code unless you are online to Audi with VAS tool.

·
Registered
383 Posts
So, do you need an SVM code to retrofit MMI 3G?

Thanks
AJAX

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
No you don't, but none of the work you will have done will be recognised by Audi. So 3G can be done without SVM codes because Audi doesn't have one for the upgrade any how.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The SVM codes is using to connect the relevant car's ECU to manufacture server and to be downloding the respective data container (this is special hex file, which contain software data update for ECU) on it. That is only posebility trought VAS 505X testers with GEKO connection! I wrote in my previous post on this topic, that these SVM codes developed only for software repair or for some after-sales upgrades. They are not contain any info, like coding, secret codes or that sort and don't be using with other diagnostic equepement diferent from dealers VAS testers.
For ours unfortunately, these codes only has sense for a dealers and only they're may using it... :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
So, do you need an SVM code to retrofit MMI 3G?

Thanks
AJAX
About 3G - soon will be, maybe, SVM codes for BT upgrade and AMI, now is possebility only with special request from dealer. For completly 3G upgrade I'm sure, that never has be chance for original retrofit from AUDI

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tv tuner & multimedia interface

hello,

a few days ago i got from a frind of mine a multimedia interface that allow tv tuner connection and a tv tuner. i went to audi to install them but they asked me the svm codes. can anyone tell me the codes for retrofiting this components?

tranks

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
can anyone help me?
i realy don't know what to do!!!!

thanks
This thread has been open for many months - if anyone had the SVM code you need (is there even one?) it would have been posted here already.

If this isn't an official Audi retrofit (I bet it isn't!) then there won't be an SVM code for it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
all components i have are original(not new) from other car. i have to buy the wires but after that, to activate the components i 'll need the svm codes. as far as i know the tv tuner do not requires a svm code for activation but the interface definitely needs.
i went to audi and they asked me the svm codes....and i realy don't where can i get them.

thanks

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
You won't get them, simple as that.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
The language may depend on your browser locale. The link opens in English for me.

AJAX

·
Registered
2 Posts
050 060 add LED rear lights (SW-Update on BCM (Komfortsteuergeraet 46) on Audi A4 8K / A5,
MMIEUK921 MMI-High (2G) Update with CD PartNr.:8T0 906 961

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please I need the SVM code for changing the A5 DSP B&O.
I went to audi dealer one month ago and they still note have the code.
Thx

·
Registered
318 Posts
bamoulay - I will try to help you

Why audi need SVM code for changing amp ??

You instaling new amp & unblocked component protection in dieler.

Navi unit does not need coding / adaptation for amp

amp hes $xx identification.

you can need coding amp ??

Kris
( NAVISERVICE )

21 - 40 of 46 Posts