Audi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was proposing creating an SVM thread with a list of useful SVM codes specifically for adding options to the new A4/A5 and any new car coming out with this kind of requirement.

Anyone know any SVM codes? telehone etc?

050 170 code fror adding AMI to can based cars 8K/8T chassis

·
Registered
249 Posts
These are svm codes for retro fits/conversions
There are svm codes for many things but these are for approved retro fits and phone prep isnt approved so there is no svm code.The uk market has limited info on svm but if you no any techs in Germany they have access to service net which explains all there is to no but svm code can only be used with a licenced geko connection and also there are some on elsa win but more on elsa pro which is rolling out this year so no more elsa win as pro is live from the factory so no flea bay copies.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
so can you tell me what is the SVM and how can I use it in my car ,by what tools?
You don't use it, the dealer does - to setup the retrofitted equipment.

·
Registered
126 Posts
for example technical solutions 2014933/1 fault entry P 1883 for P/N immobiliser implausible . software fault in engine control unit
Service solution = update to data version 03g 906 016 GC 9811 with SVM code 4F01A025??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am new in the forum.

I need the codes svm from the system of telephony of my q5, And I am not capable of finding them. They are the same for a5.

Thank you for your help

·
Registered
383 Posts
This thread looks pretty dormant. Are there no more SVM codes that can be published? Could any of the more knowledgeable guys please explain how exactly they work? I have gone through many posts on this forum and other forums as well.

As far as I understand, Audi now keeps a database of all cars they make and their configuration from factory. If any components are added that were not in the original configuration, the GEKO connection will not allow them to be enabled. Even if somehow you manage to unlock the new components (through a leaked SVM code ????) once the car is connected to GEKO link, the component is locked again.

My questions now are:

Is this the correct interpretation?
How do the techs at the Audi dealer get the SVM codes?
How can one make the change permanent so that retrofited components "survive" dealership visits?

Thanks
AJAX

·
Registered
77 Posts
SVM (software version management) strategy that's named from AUDI or as we know it, is mainly developed for a software repair on car's ECUs as well as also for some aftersales conversion, and it adapted to use only on group VAS 505X testers. To SVM server has access exclusively the dealers network. The dealers technical staff regularly recieved actual information of new technical decisions for different software problems as TPI isuess, containing special SVM codes (for example 91E6A001 for MMI3G update, or 050050 for CCS upgrade). For latest B8 platform (A4, A5, Q5) and from MY2009 for A6, Q7 and A8, SVM also using for sw comparsion, param set and coding changes.
So that even if you know it, that no workable for you out of dealers service network!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thanks for the info. So how does the dealer then go about making the change in the car permanent? I spoke to an Audi technician just the other day and he said that not even with VAS can they change the parameters in the factory. He says that he could code the car correctly (if he has the correct SVM codes) but as soon as he connects to GEKO, the "parametrization" process, as he called it, would revert all the changes to default settings.

Thanks
AJAX

·
Registered
249 Posts
Not so, the operator has the option to bypass the comparison check or if they run it and a suggested code change is available they can again decline.If a control unit is replaced this is the problem as the codes are generated via pr code data and so if a retro fit has no svm action code then the pr code change will not occur and hence the original factory long code will be re entered but you can simply change the code afterwards for your previous adjustment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I've just joined this forum and I'd just like to say that it's great to see you guys working on these codes, I'm an Audi tech in France and I can confirm that since Audi introduced the new A4, A5 and Q5 life has become rather difficult for us.
The way I see svm codes is that if the code exists then it has been approved by Audi, Once we use the code, We do in fact change the Data base in Germany and the equipment fitted appears in the list of original equipment for the car! I have used the codes and seen some time after that the list is indeed updated. And don't worry, when you pass for a service and the tech control your car with the vas, nothing will be lost.
This said, there are not a hell of a lot of codes avalible. Sometimes I just find another car and copy their hexa decimal codes, for example electric wing mirrors, but this does not work with MMI 3G, But were there's a will there's a way. We just have to serch in the right places!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have plenty of svm codes for software related updates as for long code changes then vcds takes some beating.The German network has access to service net and this has far more information than elsa pro.
5f information is very scarce and this will remain so for some time as the future is geared to protect information even to the network dealers.
The svm process is base around improved product updates over the life of the vehicles networks but I also think its a big push against Block exemption as Elsa has now gone web based then repair info is very restricted unless you pay for erwin.
Elsa win has one last update 3.7 and then it will only be used as a stand alone back up without online technical repairs so fewer svm codes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You sure are right about fewer svm codes, It's a bit frustrating though, people want to add equipment to their cars, they can with other manufacturers (which I won't mention here) I'm thinking about trying the 5f kit on sale at kufatec, but they ask us to send the unit to them for coding. Prefer to do that myself. We can supply the I'pod kit for the CAN based models and the svm remains the same 050 170. When you look at the fakra conection on the 5F, it seems possible to add the I'pod cable even with MOST? I ordered the kit, I'll try it out.... who knows?
a8 tech, I'm not sure what you think, but I reckon once a company starts to over protect (microsoft for example) It can only be bad publicity.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I understand this forum was created to collect the available SVM codes in one place. So far, there have been two that I have seen - the AMI retrofit and the Cruise Control retrofit. Anyone able/willing to share more codes? I think this topic would then deserve a place among the stickies...

Thanks
AJAX

1 - 20 of 46 Posts