Audi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Neo,
Will the DIS still display that information in the little lcd screen? or do I need to switch out the whole thing to get those pictures and distance information to show up?
Also - How difficult was the wiring for the car? You strike me as an Audi mechanic - lol, but how hard was it to run?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello I have a few questions to neo
1.you sell The old cluster howmuch?
2.New cluster with component protection you how to removed and still wrong mileage ?
3.safe mode?
i am sorry my eng not good

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
1. my old cluster is up for sale for 200 euro.
2. Component Protection can be removed only at Audi Dealer, mileage i corrected myself using a K-Line cable.
3. what do you mean by safe mode?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Look on the UK Ebay, for item no. 230636967474

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
which part no?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have CAN gateway HW:4L0 907 468 A SW:4L0 907 468 C in my Q7 is this the correct version to be able to run ACC?
Thanks

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
If you have Side Assist as per your signature you do not have to replace the CAN gateway. The E-CAN bus is shared by the Side Assist, ACC and Lane Change Assist systems, if you have either one of them factory fitted the retrofit of any other one is possible without replacing the gateway as the E-Can capable model is already fitted.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Awesome thanks NEO

·
Registered
133 Posts
When running the wiring to the front radar sensor where did you attach to the Canbus, 12+ and ground? In the engine bay?
Also did you notice any significant issues with hill hold not having the servo to control braking?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Canbus has to be connected to the extended canbus port which you can find only at the gateway connector, Terminal 15 (ignition switched 12 volts) is in the left side circuit breaker box, you will find there the exact breaker for ACC marked on the sticker, also in the box is a GND point.

Hill hold assist needs another sensor connected to the ABS control unit, please read my initial posts as i explained it there.
You can find it here: http://audiforum.us/threads/adaptive-cruise-control-acc-retrofit.13441/

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks again for all the info, parts are ordered
what repair wires were necessary, I'm looking in elsa and etka and I can't find them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
:confused:
I did all like it was written in first post! Then it was tuned at the diller! But ACC turnes off in motion and writes an error 01316.
I did all with the sensor like it was written - (
I connected the sensor at the ABS control unit and locked it in the OPEN position as if the brake pedal is not pressed. Open position means the actuator of the sensor is pressed inside 2 milimeters.
)
I also tried to remove it at all and to set the actuator to another position, but there was the same error... What could you recommend? :( ABS - 4L0614517FBEF

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
01316 is Communication Error with ABS Control Unit and has nothing to do with the ABS sensor for diafragm position.
Have you coded the ABS for ACC?

21 - 40 of 72 Posts