Audi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finalized the installation of the ACC system in my Q7, and i am happy to report that everything is working perfectly.

The following parts are required:

4L0 910 561 A - radar sensor with incorporated control unit
4L0 907 574 - holder for radar sensor
4F0 972 708 - connector housing for radar unit
4E0 953 521 C - switch for cruise control with ACC
7M3 927 810 - distance sensor for diafragm position
3D0 973 703 - connector housing for distance sensor

I had to replace the gateway interface with 4L0 907 468 C. This one is compatible with E-CAN controllers like ACC.

Component Protection has to be removed from ACC Controller and Gateway after installation.

Coding:

Engine LOGIN-II (do not use this codes until ACC sensor is in place, CP removed, and no errors in gateway)
16167 - Deactivate Cruise Control System
13647 - ACC Activation

ABS Control Unit
0562321 - Activation of ACC functions this is valid for 3.0 TDI engines

Instrument Cluster
????xxxx
???? add 128 to whatever coding you have here

MMI
Use DIAG MENU (SETUP+CAR) go to Config, APKx01 and check mark the ACC option, scroll down to ACCEPT CHANGES, exit this menu and restart MMI.

Steering Wheel
Sixth Digit from left put 5 (On Board Computer with ACC), usually here is 4(On Board Computer with CCS)

Connector on ACC Controller has the following pins connected:
Pin 8 - Terminal 15 (12v) ignition
Pin 7 - Heater Output
Pin 2 - ECan High - Gateway Pin 13
Pin 3 - ECan Low - Gateway Pin 26
Pin 1 - GND

I dont have the heater in the licence plate holder so to avoid the error go to Adaptation Ch.03 and save "0" as the new value. This means "Heater OFF". Value "1" means Heater ON.

My ACC sensor required calibration. The error "Sensor Misaligned" was permanent and could not be erased. I had to go to Audi Service to calibrate the sensor in order to remove that error.

Now, the tricky part.
ACC in Q7 requires a different brake servo that has an extra sensor for diafragm position. It is a mechanical sensor that sends a variable resistor value to the ABS control unit in order to determine the position of the diafragm inside the servo and therefor the brake pressure the driver puts on the brake pedal.

This information is not used by the ABS for ACC operation, it is only for HILL HOLD ASSIST, a function that helps the driver to keep a constant speed when driving down a hill. Not having this sensor in place will trigger an error in the ABS unit which will cause ACC to turn OFF. Any error in the ABS controller will make the ACC unusable, i think this is a safety issue.

The sensor is about 60 euros including the connector. It has 3 pins that goes directly in the ABS controller as follows:

Pin 1 -> ABS Pin 26
Pin 2 -> ABS Pin 27
Pin 3 -> ABS Pin 38

Having the sensor connected to the ABS servo requires the replacement of the ABS servo with the ACC model part no. 7L8 612 105 F.
I found a way around this as the ABS servo costs around 450 euros + installation.
I connected the sensor at the ABS control unit and locked it in the OPEN position as if the brake pedal is not pressed. Open position means the actuator of the sensor is pressed inside 2 milimeters.

This is enough to trick the ABS control unit that the sensor is there, and the brake pedal is not pressed.

To connect the sensor to the ABS controller you have to remove the ECU. Access to the ABS connector is pretty hard, but with patience the pins can be inserted in the connector.

The ACC works perfectly even to a full stop, i tested it for few hours driving in the city and about 30 km on a motorway.

I did not tested the cars behavior driving it down hill. I assume i have to keep the foot on the brake pedal as it will not brake itself due to the sensor not being installed in its proper position. I will test it tomorrow and let you know.

I did not replaced the instrument cluster as the original one has all the functions except the leds in the speedometer. This is replaced by a digital display of the speed in the FIS when you set the ACC. The set speed is displayed for 2-3 seconds than the distance indicator comes in the same place.

ACC in Q7 comes with an extra function called "Audi Braking Guard" which is also fully functional. This feature will issue an warning when you drive to close to the car in front at high speed. The system can calculate if at the actual speed of the car you can brake safely in the distance to the car in front of you, if that car brakes suddenly. The warning is visible in the FIS as a RED car and the flashing red color word "DISTANCE", together with a warning chime.

I will make some pictures tomorrow to demonstrate.

All together i am happy with the result and i consider the retrofit as DONE.

Maybe in the future i will replace also the brake servo with the right one if i will find a bargain.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Neo,

Congrats on your retrofit, awsome job.
This is one of the options I would love to have on my Q7. what do you think it costed all together, money and time?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the sensor+mounting on the German ebay at 400 euros, all the other parts i bought new from my German Audi Dealer. The prices are:

Connector for ACC = 2.55 euro
Switch for Cruise Control = 27.50 euro
Distance Sensor = 58 euro
Connector for Sensor = 2 euro
Gateway = 245 euro

All this prices are NETTO, without German VAT (19%).

I installed everything myself in 2 stages.

Stage 1 (6 hours in the garage)
- Installed ACC Sensor, gateway, ACC Switch, did all the coding
- Audi Service - CP removal (60 euro) (1 hour)
- Audi Service - Sensor Calibration (90 euro) (2 hours)

Stage 2 (4 hours in the garage)
- Installed the diafragm Sensor
- Performed all the required coding

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On a different note, i have now a fully functional Gateway for sale, if anyone is interested. It is part number 4L0 907 468, it is compatible with A6, RS6 and Q7. It is the right Gateway for anyone that has an A6 and wants to retrofit the OEM rearview camera.

Please PM me if you want more details.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrats!! I would love to add ACC... my Touareg has it and i love it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have replaced also the cluster of my Q7 with the ACC version as i found a bargain.
Here are some pictures:

Original cluster:

New cluster in component protection with "wrong" mileage:

New cluster with component protection removed and still wrong mileage:

ACC Cluster fully functional with correct mileage with car in front:

ACC Cluster no car in front:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The old cluster i had in the car is available for sale. If anyone is interested please send me a PM.
This one has color DIS and digital speed display.
Audi Part. No. 4L0 920 930 H / SW: 4F0 920 930 C
Manufactured in 18.04.2007.

Fits Q7 and A6.

Here are some pictures of it:

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello
I have a few questions.
Likewise, I'm a fan of modernization. I have q7 2006
I had done.
A set of LEDs, Webasto, tv, dvd, mmi 3g, cluster lift. 290ps. I'm going sunroof andalcatntara too.
I did as you wrote about the ACC. I did not buy ABS servo with the ACC model part no.7L8 612 105 F
Wszustko works as it should until someone will get me the way or too fast approaching the vehicle.
Displays the message "Braking Guard off. " Auto engine stops but does not want justthe brakes. I have 4L0 614 517 E, and probably not supported by the ACC. What you have.
What do you think. you have some idea. help

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you post the vcds error logs, it will help me to better understand the cause.
Have you fitted the diaphragm position sensor?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed a diaphragm position sensor.
Everything is coded correctly and still throws me
abs adopted coding but how I did the sensor test diagraf it throws me .. I think that I have abs old driver that does not support ACC.
What's your number abs?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am from China.I have Q7 2011 3.0tfsi,I want to retrofit the ACC and side assist,Can you send me more useful information about it.
Thanks
I finalized the installation of the ACC system in my Q7, and i am happy to report that everything is working perfectly.

The following parts are required:

4L0 910 561 A - radar sensor with incorporated control unit
4L0 907 574 - holder for radar sensor
4F0 972 708 - connector housing for radar unit
4E0 953 521 C - switch for cruise control with ACC
7M3 927 810 - distance sensor for diafragm position
3D0 973 703 - connector housing for distance sensor

I had to replace the gateway interface with 4L0 907 468 C. This one is compatible with E-CAN controllers like ACC.

Component Protection has to be removed from ACC Controller and Gateway after installation.

Coding:

Engine LOGIN-II (do not use this codes until ACC sensor is in place, CP removed, and no errors in gateway)
16167 - Deactivate Cruise Control System
13647 - ACC Activation

ABS Control Unit
0562321 - Activation of ACC functions this is valid for 3.0 TDI engines

Instrument Cluster
????xxxx
???? add 128 to whatever coding you have here

MMI
Use DIAG MENU (SETUP+CAR) go to Config, APKx01 and check mark the ACC option, scroll down to ACCEPT CHANGES, exit this menu and restart MMI.

Steering Wheel
Sixth Digit from left put 5 (On Board Computer with ACC), usually here is 4(On Board Computer with CCS)

Connector on ACC Controller has the following pins connected:
Pin 8 - Terminal 15 (12v) ignition
Pin 7 - Heater Output
Pin 2 - ECan High - Gateway Pin 13
Pin 3 - ECan Low - Gateway Pin 26
Pin 1 - GND

I dont have the heater in the licence plate holder so to avoid the error go to Adaptation Ch.03 and save "0" as the new value. This means "Heater OFF". Value "1" means Heater ON.

My ACC sensor required calibration. The error "Sensor Misaligned" was permanent and could not be erased. I had to go to Audi Service to calibrate the sensor in order to remove that error.

Now, the tricky part.
ACC in Q7 requires a different brake servo that has an extra sensor for diafragm position. It is a mechanical sensor that sends a variable resistor value to the ABS control unit in order to determine the position of the diafragm inside the servo and therefor the brake pressure the driver puts on the brake pedal.

This information is not used by the ABS for ACC operation, it is only for HILL HOLD ASSIST, a function that helps the driver to keep a constant speed when driving down a hill. Not having this sensor in place will trigger an error in the ABS unit which will cause ACC to turn OFF. Any error in the ABS controller will make the ACC unusable, i think this is a safety issue.

The sensor is about 60 euros including the connector. It has 3 pins that goes directly in the ABS controller as follows:

Pin 1 -> ABS Pin 26
Pin 2 -> ABS Pin 27
Pin 3 -> ABS Pin 38

Having the sensor connected to the ABS servo requires the replacement of the ABS servo with the ACC model part no. 7L8 612 105 F.
I found a way around this as the ABS servo costs around 450 euros + installation.
I connected the sensor at the ABS control unit and locked it in the OPEN position as if the brake pedal is not pressed. Open position means the actuator of the sensor is pressed inside 2 milimeters.

This is enough to trick the ABS control unit that the sensor is there, and the brake pedal is not pressed.

To connect the sensor to the ABS controller you have to remove the ECU. Access to the ABS connector is pretty hard, but with patience the pins can be inserted in the connector.

The ACC works perfectly even to a full stop, i tested it for few hours driving in the city and about 30 km on a motorway.

I did not tested the cars behavior driving it down hill. I assume i have to keep the foot on the brake pedal as it will not brake itself due to the sensor not being installed in its proper position. I will test it tomorrow and let you know.

I did not replaced the instrument cluster as the original one has all the functions except the leds in the speedometer. This is replaced by a digital display of the speed in the FIS when you set the ACC. The set speed is displayed for 2-3 seconds than the distance indicator comes in the same place.

ACC in Q7 comes with an extra function called "Audi Braking Guard" which is also fully functional. This feature will issue an warning when you drive to close to the car in front at high speed. The system can calculate if at the actual speed of the car you can brake safely in the distance to the car in front of you, if that car brakes suddenly. The warning is visible in the FIS as a RED car and the flashing red color word "DISTANCE", together with a warning chime.

I will make some pictures tomorrow to demonstrate.

All together i am happy with the result and i consider the retrofit as DONE.

Maybe in the future i will replace also the brake servo with the right one if i will find a bargain.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What info do you need? All that you need to retrofit the ACC is in my post, read it, try to understand it, and if you have questions ill be glad to answer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
my Gateway is 4F0 907 468 G,is it need to upgrade? my display is 4L0 920 900 P, upgrade or no need? what is the part number for the internal ccable using for connect the ridar to the gateway?
2.do u have experence in side assist sysytem?
Thanks

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the gateway is OK, you don't need to replace it, the display (instrument cluster) will work with the ACC but it will not display full functionality, if you want to change it you will need 4L0 920 931 SX.

i have not retrofitted the side assist system as it requires a complicating adjusting procedure plus a lot of item to replace, including the side rear view mirrors. i can help you with the part number if you wish but i have no experience with the retrofit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
maybe i can send u about my car id, it is difficult for me to check the part number in China.
all the internal wire was done by yourself? or we can buy it?please clarify it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the acc wiring is very simple, you can not buy from audi the entire wire harness for acc, as it is not sold separately, you can buy the connector housings and make it yourself.
You can send me a PM with your car's VIN and i can put together the list of parts required for side assist.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts