Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just fitted a BT module to my RNS-E and I'm getting the above error on the phone screen. I believe I've wired and coded it right, so does this mean that the phone isn't compatible? It's an O2 Orbit, which someone else in the forum says is compatible.

I suspect that this is an obviously problem, but searching on this site just doesn't seem to work very well. Putting the above message, even in quotes, into a search just returns loads of unrelated pages?

Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
It will not pair up automatically. Did you already try to pair the phone up manually from the handset?

If not, go to whatever "tools" menu on the handset, and look for "connections" or "handsfree" options. There should be a choice to search for bluetooth devices. Remeber, the BT module will only search for a certain period of time (as set by VAG VOM...I am not sure the default, maybe 5 minutes?). Anyway, once you go through these steps, it will probably prompt you for a PIN. Unless you've changed the PIN via the VAG COM, I believe the defult PIN is 1234.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the very speedy response! My big apologies, I should have said that I've successfully paired the phone already, and I've had conversations over it. When I switch the car on now, it looks as though everything is fine for 30 seconds or so, and then that error appears. I kinda got the feeling it was trying to sync something (phonebook?), and it was that bit that was failing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't worry about this for now.. It seems to be behaving now. I set my own phone to discoverable and that seemed to help, but I'm not sure. It seemed to try to connect to the phone rather than the other way around? I was messing with settings on the phone as the time so I'm not sure.. I'll keep an eye on how it behaves..

Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
andyt99 said:
Don't worry about this for now.. It seems to be behaving now. I set my own phone to discoverable and that seemed to help, but I'm not sure. It seemed to try to connect to the phone rather than the other way around? I was messing with settings on the phone as the time so I'm not sure.. I'll keep an eye on how it behaves..

Thanks
Yes, you probably have to make sure the settings on the phone are set so it automatically pairs without any prompting. On mt Motorola e815, it is

Settings/Connection/Bluetooth/Device History/Audi****/Edit/Access=Automatic (instead of Ask)

Hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts