Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the 2007 DVD which I purchased from a guy on here (powertony). I put the dvd in and it doesn't update. I've done searches and it seems that there are so many different problems that I don't know where to start. Here is my info from engineering mode:

System SW Index: X---
HW Index: H44
Map databased Index: NN0409
HU/Navi SW version V220057B
Boot Version V220100D
Audio SW version A2220109-160804
Serial No. AVZBZ7C0002164

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how I can make this work.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So basically I will need to get a CD (not dvd) and edit all of the files as you listed here...

Correct, your RNS-E is still thinking it's a Euro unit. Take the 5 files from the US DVD and edit loading.kwi with UltraEdit or a similar hex editor. Change the first two occurences of V222 to V220 and change the version in between to 057C. Edit index.txt and change the NAVVER to V220057C. Create a CD, change channel 97 to 1 and insert the CD. Your RNS-E should see a version mismatch when comparing V220057B in memory and V220057C on the CD and start the update. Let it finish, then confirm channel 97 is still set to 1 and insert the original US DVD. Your RNS-E should update again, this time resetting the sofidx to 0110 and the version numbers in Engineering Mode should match the number in index.txt on the DVD.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Just follow Boston Driver's instructions step by step, it's all in there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok great. I was hoping you would be the one to help me out. You seemed very knowledgeable when I did my searches.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I updated all of the files on a cd as stated in boston drivers how to. What will happen if I put the cd in now without having a vagcom? I don't have one so I'm assuming I'm either going to need to get one or borrow one to complete the install. Will one of the cheap ebay ones get the job done?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If nothing happens then your SOFIDX on the RNS-E is bigger than the one you used on the CD. In that case any tool that can change the value in #37 channel 97 to 1 will do the job. I wouldn't rely on cheap ebay cables though and I'm pretty sure you need at least a licensed version of VAG-COM to do this.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't understand what you are saying at all. LOL! I'm referring to the above post. I get setting channel 37 to 1

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
audios said:
I don't understand what you are saying at all. LOL! I'm referring to the above post. I get setting channel 37 to 1
My fault, wrong topic. :lol: I have removed the confusing post, hopefully it didn't cause to much damage...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha I had a feeling. You need to quit having so many posts open at once! JK but thanks again for the help.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
audios said:
Setting adaptation channel 97 of address 37 to 1 ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts