Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i need some urgent help !!!!!
sorry to keep asking but I need some advice as I am in the middle of changing the MFSW the yellow plug on my car that goes to the back of the old SC ring has only 2 wires going into it one into pin 1 and one into pin 2 so I am confused as to 3 and 4 as on Todds thread he had to change the pins over to 3 and 4 if i dont have 3 and 4 on my old plug what does this mean how do I wire this up into the new yellow 4 pin plug your help will be really appreciated

Scott

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
on my old 4 pin plug that goes into the SC ring they are numbered 1 2 3 4 not as todds had which were 3 4 5 6 so if i put pin 1 into pin 1 on the new one and pin 2 into pin 2 will this work i am almost there this is the only thing holding me up and i dont want to connect them if they are wrong

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have gone with the same pin layout 1 to 1 and 2 to 2 put it all back together and am now trying to VAG it but i cant recode my ABS controller i tried a login code from proxus thread but it wont work can anyone help me i have a 2003 A4 b6 2.5 tdi diesel 6 cylider but i dont know what brakes i have how do i find out please help !!!!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would the yellow plug to the back of the SC ring prevent me from coding my ABS if its wired wrong also i cant use Voice control with my Audi bluetooth when i press the scroll button it says my route poisistion in the navigation can anyone help me with this

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
livefour2day said:
would the yellow plug to the back of the SC ring prevent me from coding my ABS if its wired wrong also i cant use Voice control with my Audi bluetooth when i press the scroll button it says my route poisistion in the navigation can anyone help me with this
I'm here ifI'm well undestanding you have completed al the connections and you are in recoding of ABS ?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes all connections have been completed and i am trying to recode my abs but it will not let me i think the problem is the 4 pin sc ring wiring connector i have bought the new one that you recomended todd but my old one had 2 wires at pin 1 and 2 so i tried it in the new connector on 1 and 2 and could not code it and i have tried it in 3 and 4 but still cant code my abs please help

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
livefour2day said:
yes all connections have been completed and i am trying to recode my abs but it will not let me i think the problem is the 4 pin sc ring wiring connector i have bought the new one that you recomended todd but my old one had 2 wires at pin 1 and 2 so i tried it in the new connector on 1 and 2 and could not code it and i have tried it in 3 and 4 but still cant code my abs please help
No recoding of ABS doesn't depend from that connector. First of all have you Airbag lamp on?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
livefour2day said:
yes the airbag light is on
Have tried to cancel the fault and what kind of fault have you found in vag-com?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i havnt tried to clear them i will try now this is the fault codes

VAG-COM Version: Release 607.2-UD

Control Module Part Number: 8E0 959 655 B
Component and/or Version: Airbag 8.4EP 3002
Software Coding: 0010602
Work Shop Code: WSC 63351
2 Faults Found:
00588 - Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N95)
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent - MIL ON
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent - MIL ON

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have cleared faults and its now saying no faults found but the airbag light is still on

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sorry there is no airbag light now it has gone off i was looking at the abs light thank you for helping with this i will pay you for your time

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
livefour2day said:
i havnt tried to clear them i will try now this is the fault codes

Control Module Part Number: 8E0 959 655 B
Component and/or Version: Airbag 8.4EP 3002
Software Coding: 0010602
Work Shop Code: WSC 63351
2 Faults Found:
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent - MIL ON
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent - MIL ON
What's happend after clearing faults?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
after clearing airbag faults the light has gone out and there are no airbag faults showing in VAG Com

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
these are the abs faults

Control Module Part Number: 8E0 614 517
Component and/or Version: ABS/ESP front 3429
Software Coding: 00000
Work Shop Code: WSC 00000
2 Faults Found:
01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
35-00 - -
00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
66-10 - Not Matched - Intermittent

i have cleared them but they come back

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
livefour2day said:
sorry there is no airbag light now it has gone off i was looking at the abs light thank you for helping with this i will pay you for your time
Ohhh it sounds good now :D :D
This means that you have all the connections ok and now you have to do ABS recoding procedure that is a little complicated because sometimes it doesn't work immediatly but the entire work of swap is done and the new multifunction is working perfectly. I hope you have tested the functions. After recoding ABS immediatly adjust the steering angle sensor and finally congratulations you are a new member of MFSTW retrofit's family.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thank you but how do i recode the abs as it wont let me code it it sometimes changes to the soft code i want but then goes back to 0000 do you know what i am doing wrong and THANK YOU for taking the time to help me :D

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
livefour2day said:
thank you but how do i recode the abs as it wont let me code it it sometimes changes to the soft code i want but then goes back to 0000 do you know what i am doing wrong and THANK YOU for taking the time to help me :D
No problem first of all you have to enter the exact sequence after login?
You have to enter chassis, brakes, engine, transmission and if I remember I have done this a lot of time because I didn't enter the right code for my brakes. So I have been obliged to see my Car-Documents to discover what brakes was mine. Again I made the recode with engine on.
May be you have the same problem?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Scott, send a quick email to Ross-Tech with the attached full auto scan of your car. They will quickly respond back with instructions. I looked on their site and have sent you what I did. But it doesn't have the code that you'll need. If you send that auto scan to Ross Tech they'll put everything together with your correct coding.

One thing is that if you do have the correct coding and login you've got to do it over & over again and it will eventually accept.

I had this problem also but it finally accepted it. When it does it will say something like taking if for a driver test. When that happens just take the car for a 15-20 minute drive.

I had to do the recode many times before it worked. I believe that I even came back the next day. After I started the car and let it sit for while. I tried it with the engine running and without. But if you keep trying it will eventually work.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
livefour2day said:
these are the abs faults

Control Module Part Number: 8E0 614 517
Component and/or Version: ABS/ESP front 3429
Software Coding: 00000
Work Shop Code: WSC 00000
2 Faults Found:
01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
35-00 - -
00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
66-10 - Not Matched - Intermittent

i have cleared them but they come back
Looking with more attention this scan I see that you have WSC 00000 and as you would know you can't code ABS without a WSC number stored in your Vag-com :shock: :shock: I think this is your problem

1 - 20 of 30 Posts