Audi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the RNS-E and I've been experimenting with different positions for the GPS antenna. The last time I pulled the RNS-E out, I realized I accidentally left the XM satellite antenna unplugged, and XM has been working.

So maybe I'm confused about the XM source. On my old Symphony II, I thought the XM cable was the one with the green fakra connector, but that one is not even plugged in right now, and XM works great even in a parking garage. I've got the blue GPS antenna connected on the top right, and on the bottom left only the FM/AM coax is connected (through an adapter).

·
Registered
737 Posts
I don't think mine is plugged in either and it works fine, but I'm pretty sure its the diversity antenna that I haven't changed over.

I'll do that tomorrow or Friday.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhh, so the submarine/sharkfin antenna cable goes to the trunk, that makes sense. So what is the cable with the green fakra connector? And what does "diversity" antenna mean anyway? Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great info, thanks. My FM reception is great, AM is weak. I'll reconnect the cable and see if anything changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts