Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is getting rather annoying. When listening to XM, it will say "updating stations" quite frequently, sometimes a few times a minute and others not at all. Quite annoying when you are scrolling through the stations because it takes you all the way back to the one you are listening to. Is there any way to fix this? I'm kind of worried after reading the post about the XM units being "eaten" below. Is this something to worry about?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Well ...it is satellite signal after all so every time when signal strenght is going below necessary level, you will experience signal update message. In some cases it could be triggered by improper coding as well.

FYI I tested XM tuner in prewired car with US RNS-E and I had the same issues.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
It will almost always do this the first few minutes after the car is turned on, especially if you park in a garage with no SAT signal. They always do this and are made to update frequently so that they always have the most current list of stations, etc. It just happens to be really annoying on the RNS-E due to exactly what you said.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I think there may be something wrong with my Sirius tuner also. I get LINKING quite a bit and I've taken it to the dealer and tried to get it replaced and they said that per the TSB (technical service bulletin) that it works as it's supposed to and they would not replace it. Now my tuner works but I don't think it's supposed to LINK as much as it does. Sometimes the LINKING will happen for a 1.5 minutes in open skies. This does happen a lot during traveling.

My dealer isn't the most friendly dealer in the whole world and I've bought my last 3 cars from them. I'm almost thinking that they didn't replace it because I've got the RNS-E installed along with the Phatbox with my own custom wiring harness. Also my car originally came with XM and they may have checked on that but I don't know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts