Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week the battery drained in my '03 RS6. I currently have the OEM XM Tuner and a PROXUS RNS-E. We jumped the car, and it started right up. However, now there is a problem with my 1-month old XM Tuner:

When I start the car after it has been off for a while, I get LOADING SDARS on my DIS for about 10 minutes, no reception on XM at all, and a listing of only channels 001, 174, and 247. After 10 minutes, I finally get reception of these channels and I can listen to them normally, but those are the only 3 channels available.

I've called XM 4 times and had them re-send the refresh signal, and the car simply will not update it's channel list. I leave the car on and do exactly as they say - no luck.

Now, I don't know if my tuner would be dead after just one month, but I find it strange that the tuner would be bad and still get perfect reception, even if it takes 10 minutes to load the SDARS.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marcus

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I will only add that unit is coded for SAT radio already and all wiring is correct (it worked already until battery died).

If I remember correctly someone on th eforum had problems with Audi SAT tuner.... can you guys give us some input on this case?

I'm personally interested too since my Audi tuner act wierd as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts