Audi Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
The car is the current body style with MMI...I think a C6 platform.. so thanks for the help!! Any idea what specific part number i need for either Xm or Sirius? I am in Canada if that makes a difference..

·
Registered
61 Posts
So, can someone confirm I need to swap the CAN connector as in the audiworld.com DYI satellite install guide?

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec121.shtml

I have a 2005.5 A4 prewired for satellite. My car came with the RNS-E from factory and I only added the BT.

The install would be so much easier if I didnt have to change the CAN connector.

Do I have to VAG the RNS-E to recognize the satellite receiver?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a Sirius module 8E0 035 593 L - from the matrix I have that Audi published - it says this module has a Single Arm Antenna Connection - where as all the XM modules have Dual Arm.

I can assume from this that there is no XM module that will work. Can anyone with technical knowledge confirm??

Also I can scan this Audi Receiver Matrix and send it to someone if they want to host it here.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
You can send me that matrix and I will post the information in the parts list. A couple people have been successful in using an antenna splitter to convert single FAKRA to dual FAKRA for the newer SAT receivers. Search for FAKRA and there should be a couple topics coming up.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Part numbers list updated, also added VINs to show when single FAKRA connectors started to get used in the various models.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Please don't flame me , I searched and am confused. All I want to do is purchase a sat radio module so I can have sat radio on my RNS-E that I installed in my 2001 B5 S4 audi with bose speakers and multimedia and DVD player. Any help would be appreciated. What I came up with so far is that I need module #4B0035192P ??? I will buy what ever is needed from any one. Thanks for your time.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
silver streak said:
What I came up with so far is that I need module #4B0035192P ???
Please go back and read the Part Number Quick Link that you will find at the top of the RNS-E forum.

The part number you quote is for a C5 A6 RNS-E and NOT a sat tuner....

81 - 88 of 88 Posts