Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't sign up online. You'll lose your 90 day free trial.

I had XM installed in the Allroad. It's time to activate. I remembered that I got 90 days free when I purchased the Denali XL new (2004). I called into XM and told them I have a new car and the DLR said I get 90 days free XM. The XM lady asked what kind of car I had (Audi) and...that's it. I gave the data from the tuner and I never had to say it was a 2002 Allroad. XM just recognizes it as a new activation.

I turned to the requested channel (0, I think). The refresh signal did not reach the car until it was in the middle of the street. After two requests to refresh, only half of the stations appeared. I called back for another XM refresh and XM lady told me that the radio will not refresh unless the tuner is on channel 0. Channel 0 is not an option after the tuner has added half the stations.

I explain to XM lady (I could tell I was being forwarded to India) my dilemma and she says tune to a "FM" station that is not active and makes no static. HUH? I explain that all inactive stations in the US have static and that's how we know that they are inactive. I lie. I say, oh! There we go a quiet inactive station. With my static going, XM lady sends refresh signal for the 5th time. 5 minutes later and keeping the car still, the tuner finally loaded the rest of the stations.

A question for the RNS-e users w/ XM: Is it possible to use the "Tune" screen with the circle for manual tuning like AM/FM stations? The option is there but nothing happens when I select it.

Cheers, Michael

'02 Allroad 6SP M
Euro RNS-e (Proxus), Phatnoise (DLR-BBC), XM (DLR), ME3(eBay), Amplified TV antenna (eBay), Dietz 1417 (Steve Z1), Dietz 1380 (Euro Parts), Upgrade to '05 Allroad Submarine antenna (DLR-BBC), TeddyB's custom harness, BBC's install to fully integrate EVERYTHING (seamlessly) like the factory wish they would have.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Don't worry about all the stations... the tuner is constantly updating the station list basically every time you start the car. At least that's how mine works.

You can't use manual tuning on XM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.