Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had XM with my Symphony II and not once do I recall it updating stations. Just installed my new unit and it's constantly updating the station list. Just checking to see if this is normal with a new unit.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I have the same issue from time to time. I double checked all cables but everything is fine. It doesn't bother me but I suspect that it is some incosistency in coding. I just need to find time to play with that.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Yeah, that's just what it does. Your old one did that with the symphony, but you never noticed it because you can only see one channel at a time and it does not display a message when updating like the RNS-E does. Did you ever notice on your symphony that it would just read out the channel number for the first few minutes (like CHAN 82) and then change to the actual channel name after a bit (like SYSTEM). Same concept, but not as annoying as it is on the RNS-E.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2004 Audi A8L (MMI / fiber optic) has the same issue. Usually for the first 3-5 minutes of driving around its updating the station list. It is a problem because the only way to change stations is the right/left buttons or the presets. And then you still dont see the detailed info of what you are listening to... blargh!

If anyone finds a solution for this I'd love to know it. I had rented thru Hertz Prestige an 05 A8L for 1600 miles and 2 weeks of driving a few months ago and never had these issues. It would update within 30secs of startup and never bug you again. FWIW, that was Sirius and my problems here are XM, but dont see that being the cause.

Oh well ... its worth living with just because I do adore my XM... 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts