Audi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought some genuine A6 4F/C6 xenon lights complete with housing, bulbs, ballasts/ignitors etc

Stripped the front of the car yesterday and fitted them in only to find the cable from the halogen lightings did not fit. After a bit of pushing it did but you could tell it was not correct - after looking at the pin arrangements - they too were different.

Anyone advise in this? Is the cables different - is there an adaptor from halogen- xenon available? (I can see this as being yes in Germany!)

Also the drivers side xenon housing has a second plug on the left of it...any idea what this is?

Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spot on Issac, went there and the second link under audi a6 f4 was that adapter! Didnt' even think to check there but I have now already bought the same from someone on ebay germany (probably works for them as the price and desc was the same)

Any idea on the additional connector on one of the units?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I should imagine these are for the self-levelling.

This is a legal requirement on the HID systems.

Where did you get your Xenons from?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Also - what type of Xenons are they?

Bi-Xenon option is okay, but the single Xenon option needs a motor feed (as the light mechanically moves in it's mounting when you switch from High to Low beam)

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Bi-Xenon option is okay, but the single Xenon option needs a motor feed (as the light mechanically moves in it's mounting when you switch from High to Low beam)
You got that the wrong way round...

Xenons have a conventional bulb for main beam, and no moving parts.

Bi-Xenons have a single Xenon bulb and moving mirrors to select whether the beam is dipped or main.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am also considering retrofiting Xenon lights to my A6 4F.
I've never had xenon on a car before, so I don't know a lot about it.

I know it is required to have the headlight washing system and auto-leveling for xenon headlights.

Now, since I have halogen headlights I would have to buy this adapter from Kufatec. Is there any difference in operating of normal factory fitted xenons and those with adapter?
How's with the adaptive light?

About 4F0 941 003 AK -> xenon or bi-xenon? auto-leveling?

I have to take off the bumper to replace the headlights, right?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
The cable is demistified now.

Pin11 from 14pin plug for the headlight is going to Pin 6 and Pin 16 in 32pin plug of the bordnetz.
Pin10 from 14pin plug for the headlight is going to Pin 1 and Pin 6 in 10pin plug of the bordnetz.
5,6,7,9,10 from 10pin plug for halogen headlight is going to 5,6,7,9,10 in 14pin plug for bi-xenon headlight, and in addition in 14pin plug there are two additional wires in 11 and 12 pins

1 - 9 of 9 Posts