Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I read all (may be no :D ) topics of the forum about create backup of navi DVD (about RNS-E type).
Now i have A8 (D3) with MMI Navigation Plus and cant't recording correct navigation disk from the image (download from the internet). I have image of new Europe DVD 2006 (i think image create in nero software) and i have't information about disk type (DVD+R or not) and additional triks for recording work DVD.

May be anybody know how i can make navigation disk from the image?

P.S. Price in russia on this disk is very expensive (i think) = 700 euro :twisted:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello

Just a bad news for you.
The image that you have downloaded will not work.
At the maximum it will update the firmware in your device and will not accept maps.

The only way to use 2006 and 2006_1 versions is to get an original DVD.
You can try to bet it on ebay in Germany (the price average between 120 to 160 EUS plus shipment)

Just wondering what the Europe NAvi DVD will give you in Russia? You need local maps that are not on the DVD.

Best Regards

Geosp

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for quick answer, geosp!

Strange situation.... Many peaple downloading this image from P2P network like eDonkey and anybody from them does not know what to recording navigation DVD it is impossible? Strange...very strange.

What for someone created DVD image and post to the network?

Many peaple try to backup navigation DVD (on this forum too) and it's possible (information from the topic http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1694&postorder=asc&start=75)/ I hope it possible and in my situation, but now i don't know how :(

About Europe DVD in Russia:
maps of Russia are not necessary for me. I haven't problem with driving on russian road.
I live in Saint-Petersburg, these are 170 km from border with Finland (300 km to Helsinki).
I need map of Finland and Sweeden.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

The NAV DVD is copy protected and it seems like the only way to back it up is to make a direct copy on certain DVD-RW devices.
I will try it in the next day or two. If this will be successful then I will post over here and you will send me your phone number that I will contact you and send working DVD

If that is ok with you, just let me know.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
geosp, how are you?
Do you have any new information about topics them?

I ordered navigation DVD in regional dealer office (with my discount aproximetly 483 Euro), but information about backup copy of this disk very urgent.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I've just bought a New A8 MY2006 wich is equiopped with MMI navigation and EU-DVD Version 2005.
I've made my back-up copy of the original DVD today without any problem using Nero and a Pioneer DVR 111D.
I can confirm no copy-Protection and the DVD is single layer because it contains less than 1.8 GB.
I'm searching a 2006 Version too and if I will find it, I will make all the copies you need.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Ok Found the EU-DVD 2006 for MMI and made the Back-up copy without any problem. :D :D :D
The 2006 is 2.12GB so a simple DVD+ it's ok.
If anybody needs it PM me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I backuped 2005, 2006 and 2007 (4E0 919 884 AL) without any problems.
Even 2007 (

) worked fine.

Software: Clone-Cd 5.3.0.1
Drive: Pioneer 105
DVD-Media: Phillips DVD-R
Image-File is 2.43 GB.

I didnt do any special settings.. just clicked backup cd and didnt do any settings.
Afterwards just burned the image I just made on a Philips DVD-R. That was all. Works perfect!
Wonder why you got that Problems. There is no copy-protection at all on those media.
If you dont manage it I can put those images on a ftp and you may download em.

best regards

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.