Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

I have one audi A3 8P and today I installed multifunction steering wheel.
I install a new controle module 8P0 953 549 F.
When I went to code this new module I receive this message:
"WSC 131071 is invalid workshop code must be 5 digits 00000-99999"

Well, what that mean? How I change this Workshop Code?

Thank you very much.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
You don't! Leave the workshop code at 00000 in VAG-COM.

It's the MODULE code you need to change.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
msullx said:
Yes I know that, it's the module code I need to change but vag com don't let me.

That is because a little bug in Vag Com Sof.

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=2851148
Problem solve thanks to Sebastian.

Now I have MFSW S-Line working in my car.
http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3235

Thanks to all.
The thing is - by entering a workshop code of 00000 VAG-COM will make the changes in module coding and adaptation using the existing workshop code for that module. So by leaving the workshop code at 00000 you never need to change it - whatever car you work on (this is documented in the VAG-COM manual). My copy of VAG-COM has 00000 as the workshop code, and I've used it on over a dozen different cars now - Audis (A3, A4 & A6), VWs (Golf, Passat & Caddy) and Skodas (Fabia).

On fourtitude Sebastian answered your question about changing the workshop code, but you never needed to change the workshop code! So that's not a bug in VAG-COM.

Anyway, glad you've got the MFSW working now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Workshop Code

If you have to change the slip ring unit, and you have Electronic Stability Program (ESP) you will have to Login and Recode the ABS/ESP controller to tell it when the steering (not just the steering wheel!) is centred. This cannot be done in VAG Com "stealth" mode. A vaiid Work Shop Code (WSC) is needed (ie not 00000) or an "incorectly coded" fault will be stored in the ABS/ESP controller and the ABS light will stay on. Once WSC is entered ino VAG Com there was no easy way to change it back to "stealth" mode of all zero's. It's very nice to see Ross Tech responding to this so quickly with a quick fix and a user friendly solution for the next release.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Work Shop Code (2)

This post has been heavily edited. This is issue 2.

Following my earlier post I had checked the Ross Tech Wiki site, and I could not see a reference to needing a WSC. That lead to vesion 1 (an apology, now modified) of this post. However, I was sure I had seen it, and it is there at:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/espcoding.html

[Recode - 07] .... put in a WSC (anything will work ...]

The Audi workshop manual also does require one. I've e-mailed support at Ross Tech and will update this with their reply. It may be old information I am referencing.

... The Update: Ross Tech tell me it depends on which ABS/ESP controller you have. A WSC is required for Bosch 5.3 and 5.7.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts