Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pretty sure i got everything figured to install the 8do model D-navi in my 2000 S4....i just got a couple questions if someone dont mind helping me out

1) Pin removal from factory 20,8 and 10 pin wiring harnesses....can this be done with out the expensive tool? if so how?

2) The Reverse wire...Is it optional? what exactly does it do?

3) i plan to install the TMC box at a later date..Should i still for now connect the Can H and Can L wire to the 26 pin connector and then later to the 12 pin Tmc connector? and where might i find the smaller 26 pin female connectors??

Thanks alot for all your guy's help....Not very handy with this stuff but think im getting it

Regards

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response...still got a few more Q's though

To the first question i think u were reffering to the 26 pin connector which the pins can easily be removed by using a small needle or top of a small knife to push the locking tabs in from the side....i was talking about the connector from the original wiring harness that connects to the stock head unit, Theres 4 of them a 20 pin connector, two 8 pin connectors and one 10 pin connector thats not used on the Nav+ but requires some of the wires to be moved to other connectors....Is there any trick i can use to pull these out? or will i just have to cut and reconnect other wires to the existing pin connectors?

on the reverse wire question...what does it do?

and for the 26 pin connector question... Im pretty sure the Original Head unit does not have this type of connector so i cant possibly "steal" some of these female pin connectors to use... i just got back from radio shack but they dont carry them....any idea where i might be able to find some??

Thanks again

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never mind that last question by looking at TeddyBgames Write up i think i can purchase the Pin connectors from Audi Pn# 000-979-010

1 - 4 of 4 Posts