9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear

I am new to this list, and the NavPlus system. I am planning on
undertaking this project and installing it into my 2001 A4 Avant. So,
I am trying to gather as much knowledge about what I need and need to
do before I jump in head first.

About the harnesses that are said to be 'plug and play,' availible
through eBay sellers, is it truly plug and play? (There seems to be a harness for the NavPlus, as well as one for the TMC unit install.)
What if I want to add a TMC and another unit like the Blaupunkt ME3 player? Am I better off doing the manual modification suggested on www.nav-plus.com? Or going with the harness?

In regards to the Blaupunkt ME3 player, how does that get hooked up?
Must the Audi TV tuner be bought, or does the Blaupunkt ME3 connect
directly to the NavPlus?

Thank you for all your help,

Steve

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
I bought 2 "plug & play" harnesses - neither were right first time.

Do your research (loads of information on this forum), and specify EXACTLY to the supplier what you want.

·
Registered
996 Posts
see my links below for most of your answers. My install...will be very similar to yours (assuming a B5 A4)

You need an aftermarket A/V interface device ($200-$250) to give you A/V input. No need to add the OEM TV tuner...if you don't want to.

As for the plug/play harness, I would highly recommend getting one. With a B5 A4, you have plenty of space behind your HU to accommodate this.

Are you in the US or Europe?

Happy reading!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info on the wiring, guys. I really do appreciate it.

TeddyBGame, yes this is going in a B5 chassis, and I am located in the US, New Jersey.

I have seen your pages in the past, and they are very helpful. I guess things will be clearer when I have the items in my hand.

So the A/V interface device will allow me to hook up the ME3? Ok. You have a few pictured on you web pages, will any do?

Thanks.

·
Registered
996 Posts
cool. When you get all of your components pulled together....I can probably direct you to a few individuals in the NY/NJ area that can help you with the install.

There are a few "brokers" that can help you with locating a unit. I can't provide their names on this forum (hint: Include your email in your posts...and I'm sure someone will send you an email).

As for the A/V interface, I only have experience with the Nexxtel/Connexx unit. Again...if you ask someone on this forum...I bet some will have one to sell you.

The plug/play harness will be a bonus...and will make the install much easier.

Also...I would recommend doing the install with a TMC/CAN gateway. It's highly recommended.

Good luck!
-ted

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in North Jersey and did the Nav+ / ME3 on my 00 S4, let me know if you need any help. I also have a VAG-COM if you need it.
I got my Plug+Play harness from the guy on ebay.de that sold me my NAV unit, it worked pefect except for the SAFE wire, easy fix.

Best,
Marc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I will definetly utilize your knowledge in the coming weeks.
Ted, my email is [email protected], whenever you get around to it, no rush.

Marc911, I am located in North NJ, too. I am a frequent flyer of route 17 and 4. I appreciate the offer.

Thanks again,

Steve

·
Registered
996 Posts
Marc911 said:
I'm in North Jersey and did the Nav+ / ME3 on my 00 S4, let me know if you need any help. I also have a VAG-COM if you need it.
I got my Plug+Play harness from the guy on ebay.de that sold me my NAV unit, it worked pefect except for the SAFE wire, easy fix.

Best,
Marc
Marc,
you rock!!! You might be hearing from a guy named Dave Duquette...he might need your help installing a Nav+/TMC in his 2003 A6 4.2. He is also from the upper NJ area.

-ted

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll be recieving mine in a month or so and was wondering about the harness as well. I am getting the Nav+/TMC and will probably have a few more questions when it arrives. This post has been very helpful with me understanding before the stuff comes.

Anyone in the DC metro area will to give me a hand when I get it all together.

Thanks
Ray - '01 A6 2.7t

1 - 10 of 10 Posts