Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a "wire-tunes" from "Axxess" hardwired to the CD changer input on my Symphony I head unit. IT worked great with my ipod before I put the RSN-E in.

With the RSN-E hooked up and a ground wire run to the "wire-tunes" it does not work at all.

Any ideas? Is there anything different about the CD changer wiring that I may be missing?

FWIW, This is in a 2000 S4 that had a factory CD changer. Now with RSN-E and wire-tunes to an ipod video.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Triple check the CDC wires, you wouldn't be the first one who got a messed up adapter.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
side note. Did my email come through? (understand if you have been busy)...and thanks for the tip, I will check it out.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
replied twice so far but it seems to disappear on the way. Do you have another email (send me a PM if you have).

·
Registered
996 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
Triple check the CDC wires, you wouldn't be the first one who got a messed up adapter.
completely agree. There are a lot of errors that need to be verified with these adaptors. I have worked on four custom harnesses over the past week...and all four had the same issues.

1) CDC ground not connected.
2) CDC audio ground connected to main ground (this should not be)
3) alarm ground
4) tele mute
5) bose signal

etc...etc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay. I went out to the car. Pulled the unit out to take pictures (which I will upload here in a bit)

It was VERY obvious that I have the wrong connector now. I am more than a little pissed at this right now. I triple checked when I ordered it AND sent a message along with the order asking to double check the order to make sure it was correct for a RSN-E to a 2000 Audi S4 WITH BOSE/TEL/CDC.

The TEL plug is obviously missing altogether as is the wiring for the CDC. I also suspect that it is not wired correctly for my Bose since I get static in one speaker and not music. (which was not a problem before)

I have sent emails to the company to see if we can get the right connector without trouble. I will post back on the results.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really appreciate the offer. I have a new harness on the way. We will see how this one works.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay. I have the new harness in the car. I checked the pin outs and it seems to be wired correctly. (as far as I can tell :wink: ).

It now recognizes that there is a "CD Changer" and it powers the ipod. However, it lists 6 CDs, but lists them as empty and I can't access them.

Ideas?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts