Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Questuib ti tge BT experts here on this forum:

I have a S4 from Q2 2004, which has a EU RNS-E fitted from factory, including bluetooth module.

Hw version H45 and software version 0360.

No idea about the part number of the BT module, but BT works ok with Nokia 6310i and Tmobile MDA Vario (Qtek 9100) regarding speech/mute etc, but NO adressbook integration or other functionality (can not dial number from the RNS-E, can only use the handset itself; with incoming calls, however, I can use the RNS-E to accept/deny/etc).

Will this be solved by replacing the BT unit only? Do I need a new 8P0 862 335 A, B, C or D??????

regards from Holland,

S4udibert

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
You need somone with VAg cable to connect to your module and read the part number. Than you need to cod it properly.

I have European version of MDA Vario with K-Jam firmware loaded and it works with everything (including phonebook)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx Proxus...........I am glad your MDA fully works there! :D

Tried mine with a new RS4 that had HW H75 and SW0450 and it worked too, so now I want to have it to work in my Q4/2004 S4 too!

I assume I have the wrong 8P0 862 335, so without a letter.

The question is: do I need a A, B, C or D (or other) BT module? And: will this also work on earlier (H45) hardware platorms?

TIA

S4udibert

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
In Europe you need at least an index "C" (newest Euro BT FSE is inex "F"), in the US the first BT FSE was index "B" with the newest one being "G". Euro interfaces with no index, index "A", "D" and "E" do not have the enhanced phone features.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts