Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

This might be a really wierd/stupid question but i'll still ask: Let's say you know a way to somewhere which might be longer than what the RNS-E calculates/gives as options BUT your way has hardly any traffic lights on that route compared/so it goes faster, OR the road you take might not be in the navi cd.

Is it possible to "ADD IN/SAVE" your own routes to places?

Sorry if it is a stupid question, i've never really had a navi nor have i been able to try my navi yet, as i'm still waiting on my freaking car for 13 weeks now and still have to wait min. 3 weeks. :evil:

And yeah before you mention it - why would you want to add it in if you know the way anyhow? - well simply because. Also lets say you are not the only who drives the car and would like this route to be available to others....

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Yes, you can save routes as well as destinations. The route MUST have at least one stopover for this option to appear.

Persuade the RNS-E to suggest the route you want, using the "Route with stopover" option. Then select Memory | Store route | Enter a name | Press OK.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Unless route in this case means you want to design your own route street by street and then save this route so that other can follow exactly your instructions. If this is what you mean than no, this is not possible (and I don't think there is any navi out there that would allow you to do so.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i think what he's saying is he wants to save it on his unit so that anyone else driving his car and going to that particular destination would be able to pull up the saved route and follow it.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
In that case - see my answer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sfoperator said:
i think what he's saying is he wants to save it on his unit so that anyone else driving his car and going to that particular destination would be able to pull up the saved route and follow it.
Yes, this is what i meant.

Thanks for the quick answers, very helpful!! 8)

I really can't wait to get my baby, just yesterday i picked up a Golf 5 with the normal cd radio - i can't believe it has such a huge "screen" and all it does is umm nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts