Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about fitting an Ipod into my B5 RS4 today, so I took the cage out of the cubby hole in the boot area. Only to find this :

And on closer inspection, it seems to have snapped off the board :

The "thing" the plug broke off from, has the part number of:

Any ideas what it is and how much to replace ? Not sure if it broke off whilst pulling the cage out or if it was already broken, haven't tried my sat-nav yet, but TV/radio/CD etc all work OK.

Many thanks in advance !

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
That's your diversity interface and the plug that broke off could be the HF antenna. You should have no radio signal right now.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
A new one will cost you around $150 USD. The one you have is the "D" version which has now been replaced with the "F" version.

If you don't care about TV reception, I can sell you an "E" version (same as "F" but without TV connections) for much less.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats the difference with the versions ?

I also have this installed :

And i'm under the impression this is the AUX TV input, so I'm planning on getting a video Ipod and plugging it right into the composite RCA's to get the audio and the video.

Is my plan correct ?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The F is just the replacement for the D version. It does the same thing, but they changed something about the design (only the engineers know what that is) so they updated the part number to F. I just wanted to let you know so you would not be confused when you bought your replacement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what versions do you have and how much are they ?
Bearing in mind I'm in the UK, will it definately work over here ?
And Can you ship ?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
All I have is the E version which does not include the TV antenna connectors. It will work in your car and I can ship it to you...but you won't have any TV reception if you use the E version.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you have some soldering skills you can try and resolder it to the board. I had a failure here (it didn't come completely off but the side tabs broke free) and was able to solder it on simple by reheating the connector and getting the solder to melt. It's worth a try before you spend the $ for a new one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.