Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with a white residue showing up on the interior door panels. I had a 2015 A4 with the problem and now my new 2022 A5 has this problem. The service dept sent a tech out to treat my 2015 with an interior cleaner and said it would be resolved. It just continued to come back until I wiped it off with the cleaner. I reported this recently at my 5000 mile service for my 2022 and they said they had no idea what it was. I researched this and also spoke to two other people I know that restore cars and they both agreed it was outgassing of chemicals used in the materials and /or the plastic used to mold the panels. Also, another term for outgassing is “blooming”. Most of the comments I’ve read in forums and the Audi service dept all blame it on lotion or skin contact while resting an arm on the door. I’m only 5’2” and my arm won’t rest that high up in the door comfortably so I know it’s not that.
Anyone with this same problem?

·
Registered
2014 A5 Premium Plus Cabriolet Quattro 2.0T
28 Posts
This sure sounds like sunscreen to me - it gets all over everything, if driver and/or passengers use it. It seems most visually prominent when surfaces are in direct sunlight (which makes some sense, from a molecular/chemical point of view).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts