Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we absolutly need to use the new HEX-CAN cable, or any vagcom cable can do if i want to code my RNS-E for the Sat radio ?

Thanx

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
RossTech have integrated CAN compatibility since the Release 404.0 version of VAG-COM, but as CAN uses different hardware, new interfaces are required in order to communicate with a CAN-based car.
The new HEX-COM+CAN and HEX-USB+CAN interfaces are fully compatible with the new latest cars which require a direct CAN connection.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
west_aust said:
Do we absolutly need to use the new HEX-CAN cable, or any vagcom cable can do if i want to code my RNS-E for the Sat radio ?

Thanx
In the B6/B7 the RNS-E gets configured via K-line, not via CAN. Only in the A3 you have to use a CAN cable, in the A4 and A6 C5 you can use the older dual k-line of KKL interface cable. For the phone interface though you should be using an original Ross-Tech cable with the newest VAG-COM software. The phone interface is quite tricky to connect to and cheap VAG-COM copies don't work in most cases.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Don't be tempted to use a USB to serial converter with a serial VAG-COM lead - Ross Tech warn on their website that they have had many problems with these. If you don't have a COM port then buy a genuine USB lead if you want to avoid problems.

I bought a laptop with a COM port - not easy to find now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts