Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen a couple of posts from people talking about the DICE ipod kit, found many others too (link below).

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/audi_iopd.html

Even with the Dice kits, there are 2 that are supposed to with with the RNS-E (the VW-R and the TT-R). Not sure what the differences are.

What kits have people gotten working with the RNS-E? What issues do you have with the kit you installed (e.g. DICE kit has squeaking noise according to some posts I've seen)? What would you recommend?

Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm using the DICE AUDI-T2 in my A3 and it's fine, as long as you have a newer iPod. It didn't work well at all with my 3G iPod, so I ended up getting a 60GB video iPod :roll:

I do have the electronic noises, but you can only hear them while the stereo is muted -- I got used to it by now and consider them "normal noises my car makes" :)

Which exact model to pick depends on your year/model of Audi, since that decides where the CD changer connector is, and which connector is used.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which iPod Kit for the A3 RNS-E?

Does your iPod function as if it's a CD changer (e.g. you have to make 6 playlists and you can only play songs from those 6) or is your iPod still functional and you can access all songs/playlists from your iPod interface?

Also where did you stream your iPod cable thru? Is it coming into your glove compartment, underneath the climate control, or somewhere else?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts