Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People are asking me what I want for xmas and I figure a printed version of the RNS-E manual might be useful. I've got the PDF of course, but it's not quite as handy. Do I just buy it from a dealer or will that be miles more expensive than it needs to be? Is there somewhere else people order them from? Vagparts.com only seem to have the RNS-D manual. I'm in the UK, incidentally. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The online order side seems to be down but your dealer should be able to order one for you for less than $15. Make sure that he orders the newest version.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
The online order side only works for a US manual when it is working.

I'll lookup the part number of the UK manual that was supplied with my car in July and post it here tomorrow.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have UK version in adobe format. Am i allowed to upload this? It is a huge file 14MB (194 pages). I have slow internet so only want to do it once.
I have a RNS-D version aswell 4.7MB.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for all the suggestions guys. In the end I spoke to a dealer who has ordered me one, a mere £7.50+VAT. Not the £30 or so I wouldn't have been surprised to find them charging!

·
Registered
103 Posts
andyt99 said:
Cheers for all the suggestions guys. In the end I spoke to a dealer who has ordered me one, a mere £7.50+VAT. Not the £30 or so I wouldn't have been surprised to find them charging!
Which dealer was that, Andy? Might get in touch with them myself at that price.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good Day

I have recently purchased my car from germany. All the manuals that I received where in geman and I cannot use them. I would appreciate if you could advise me how I can find the owner's manual for the Audi Navigation system plus (RNS-E) in english. Please note that I found one manual but it is not exactly the RNS-E that is currently installed in my car. The system that is installed on my car has also the CD/TV functionality. If I go to Audi dealers I will have to wait for quite long (they requested like this for the car manual)

I would appreciate if you could advise me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you for the link however the Navi system that is shown is not exactly the same with the one I have in my car. I hope that the functionality will be the same.
I would appreciate if you could advise me also for the car's manual in case you have any idea.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Thank you for the link however the Navi system that is shown is not exactly the same with the one I have in my car.
What is the part number of the unit you have in your car?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think I have a newer version however I cannot find the part number you asked me. Actually where can I find the part number?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Have you got a newer one?
As a physical manual, but not as a pdf.

There is a 2007 manual for the pre-2010 RNS-E and a May 2009 manual for the 2010 RNS-E.

The part number (and date) is on the back page of the manual.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good Day

I checked the manual and in the last page I can see the following numbers:

Deutsch 5.08
291.562 729.00

I am not quite sure if these are the numbers you have asked me.

The manual is still not the same with the equipment I have. In any case I will continue trying although I beleive that I will not find the exact manual.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Deutsch 5.08
291.562 729.00
That sounds like the most recent version we know of for the pre-2010 RNS-E.

The manual is still not the same with the equipment I have. In any case I will continue trying although I beleive that I will not find the exact manual.
The manual is not reprinted when a SW update is done and is only selectively updated, so it usually doesn't reflect how the system works - but it's close!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.