Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does any one know where the standard TV module usually resides in a 2005 A4 Cabriolet - RHD ?

I've already got a CD changer and 2-way radio in the glove box, so I don't want to try and fit it in there as well.

Also I'm hoping to mount the BT module behind the glove box, so there won't be much space there either.

Also Also, does anyone know what I won't be able to programme with a std KKL VAG-COM interface, the HEX-USB+CAN one I bought second hand turns out to be a fake and has completely stopped working since talking to Ross-Tech.

Just a coincidence ? ? ?

Luckily I found this out before paying them $99 for a software license.

Before it stopped working it did tell be that I had "No CAN", is this correct ?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I can't confirm the location in the cabs, but in the RHD sedans the TV tuner resides in the boot/trunk on the left hand side behind the trim.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Dave.G6HNI said:
Also Also, does anyone know what I won't be able to programme with a std KKL VAG-COM interface, the HEX-USB+CAN one I bought second hand turns out to be a fake and has completely stopped working since talking to Ross-Tech.

Just a coincidence ? ? ?

Before it stopped working it did tell me that I had "No CAN", is this correct ?
Is your cab a B6 (two piece grille) or B7(one piece grille)? I suspect it's a B6.

A HEX-USB will be fine on a B6 since there is no CAN connection to the diagnostic socket (that would explain the "No CAN" message), but you should use a HEX-USB+CAN on a B7 (several modules - not including the RNS-E or Bluetooth or TV - use the CAN for diagnostics).

Just be wary of third-party interfaces, we get LOTS of posts on here from people having trouble attaching to modules (especially the Bluetooth) with third party leads - problems that disappear when using a genuine lead.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alister said:
I can't confirm the location in the cabs, but in the RHD sedans the TV tuner resides in the boot/trunk on the left hand side behind the trim.
I think that is where my exploding Rollbar is positioned, but I will take another look to see if there is a space.

Thanks.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PetrolDave said:
Dave.G6HNI said:

Just a coincidence ? ? ?

Before it stopped working it did tell me that I had "No CAN", is this correct ?
Is your cab a B6 (two piece grille) or B7(one piece grille)? I suspect it's a B6.

A HEX-USB will be fine on a B6 since there is no CAN connection to the diagnostic socket (that would explain the "No CAN" message), but you should use a HEX-USB+CAN on a B7 (several modules - not including the RNS-E or Bluetooth or TV - use the CAN for diagnostics).

Just be wary of third-party interfaces, we get LOTS of posts on here from people having trouble attaching to modules (especially the Bluetooth) with third party leads - problems that disappear when using a genuine lead.
Yes, mine is a B6 with a two piece grill, I wanted to by a new one, but they closed the books just before I tried to order one and I don't like the look of the one piece grill or the engine options on the new model.

The RNS-E & the BT both have CAN Hi & Low connections and Kufatech said not to bother with the K line Diagnostics, but I assume that I need to connect these for mine ?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The TV tuner does go in the trunk in your cab, but you'll probably have to get the right trunk trim and cage to make it look good (assuming you dont already have a little door on the left side of your trunk. If you have ever seen a cab with the CD navigation drive in the trunk, the TV tuner uses the same mounting location and hardware.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Dave.G6HNI said:
The RNS-E & the BT both have CAN Hi & Low connections and Kufatech said not to bother with the K line Diagnostics, but I assume that I need to connect these for mine ?
You'll need the K line connected to both the RNS-E and the BT module.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts