Audi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The twisted pair is your CAN wiring.

Brown obviously a ground wire

Black and green are your tel audio wires

Red is probably your power wire (that connector is just like the ones that snap into the fusebox.)

That leaves your yellow and purple wires. One is TEL Mute and one is your K-line. Your TEL Mute should have been installed into pin 1 of that red connector plug. Only way to check is look at the wires in your 54-pin plug end. K-line is pin 15 and TEL Mute is pin 16.

So if yellow is going to pin 15 then it is K-line and purple is TEL Mute. Or vice-versa.

You also need to look in there and see which of the twisted pair is CAN H (pin 17) or CAN L (Pin 18).

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's what I traced:

1) red/white strip (power)
2) brown (ground)
3) NC
4) NC
5) NC
6) NC
7) NC
8) green (to red connector -pin 3
9) black (to red connector- pin 4
10) NC
11) green (microphone)
12) black (microphone)
13) NC
14) NC
15) yellow
16) grey
17) black/white strip-twisted pair (CAN ?)
18) black/yellow strip-twisted pair (CAN ?)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Well, you've got it answered then...

Pin 1 - terminal 30
Pin 2 - terminal 31
Pin 8 - Tel NF +
Pin 9 - Tel NF -
Pin 11 - Mic +
Pin 12 - Mic -
Pin 15 - K line
Pin 16 - Mute
Pin 17 - CAN H
Pin 18 - Can L

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I need to buy a wire connector and crimp it on the end of the TEL Mute (grey wire) and put it in pin #1 of the red connector?

And does the K-Line (yellow wire) go into the RNS-E PNP in: B5 ?

If it does then I need to buy/get a wire connector for the end of that wire also.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
todd1010 said:
So I need to buy a wire connector and crimp it on the end of the TEL Mute (grey wire) and put it in pin #1 of the red connector?

And where does the K-Line wire go?
Or just attach it to the TEL MUTE pigtail if you have one in your RNS-E PNP harness. The main idea is that it needs to connect to pin D11 on your RNS-E one way or another. (based on another new thread from this morning, this connection may not be required... so you can try it and see)

The K-line must get spliced into the K-line connection on your car. There is a K-line on pin B5 on the RNS-E.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What happened was Kufatec didn't send me any "wire end connectors" to put on the TEL Mute and K-Line.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
todd1010 said:
What happened was Kufatec didn't send me any "wire end connectors" to put on the TEL Mute and K-Line.
They never do!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts