Audi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an rns-e in my s3 8l and it works perfectly apart from that i have no radio.
i recently bought antenna/diversity adapter from kufatec thinking that maybe that would sort it, but i have nowhere to plug it in!! i only have one aerial socket coming out of the back of my rns-e and that is for the gps (it is an a3 version 8P0 035 192 A)
pleeese help someone

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
The 2 white sockets on the bottom left at the back are the radio antenna sockets 1 for FM and the next for diversiry. You should have a kufatec antenna adaptor which will adapt your ISO plug and existing diversity lead into the RNS-E

Craig

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i have seen a pic of the back of a rns-e and it is different to mine, i only have one blue gps input and no white socket anywhere :?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
can you post the part number?

or even some pics of the front and back.

Craig

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think that i have been had!!
on closer inspection there is a hole where the aerial plug should be! i have taken the rear panel off and there is what looks like the remains of a white plug :cry:
is there such a place where i could get a replacement from? or am i shafted?
i bought the unit from outside of ebay too[/img]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:idea: i wonder if i could cut the plugs of the adapter and just solder the wires to the unit?
that should work, would'nt it?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I was just going to suggest that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bingo! i stripped it down and soldered the adapter to the unit, but the diversity plug doesnt fit to the car, it would seem that i have 2 female plugs?!?
but the antenna plug is in and hurray i can get radio!!
ps what i nightmare it was building the unit back together, but got there in the end.
i am now a happy bunny again 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts