Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Based on the schematics I would agree to that.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
???

T20b/7 goes to T32a/22 and T20b/12 goes to T32a/23

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are wires that are connected to T20b/7 and T20b/12, but there are no wires that connect to T32a/22 and T32a/23 -- so I'm wondering, where do the wires (7&12) end up? Do they just go to some intermediate connector?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Does your radio say that they are CAN H/L? If not they might be clock/data/enable wires that older Audi head units used. If in doubt I would route new cables from the cluster to make sure that CAN works as expected.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, pins 7,12 are the CAN{H,L} pins. It also has the CDE wires. I verified that the instrument cluster currently uses the CDE wires, and I've got a VAG to recode it to use can. The CDE wires from the radio route to the proper connector on the instrument cluster and exist as well. I just want to make sure that if I feed the can signal to the green connector, that I'm not going to kill anything. I just wonder where these wires from the radio end up.

thanks
reza

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.