Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to finish up my installation (buddy with VAG-COM headed this way in about 15 mins) and I noticed when I was sanity checking things that it's asking for a PIN when trying to pair with my phone. The option to set the PIN is currently disabled in Telephone>Settings and I don't know the default PIN. Is this something that will be enabled after proper VAG-COM or do I need to know the default PIN beforehand? If so, anyone know what it is? On my previous BT headset it was just 0000.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
1234 is the default pin for the BT interface.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect! All installed, configured, paired with both my wife's phone any my phone, and good to go! Thanks to Lee for the excellent plug-and-play kit and folks on this forum for the encouragement and help!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Elsewhere on this forum Craig strongly recommends that you change the default pin - you can do this through the RNS-E phone menu system as well as with VAG Com. This effectively stops anyone else, possibly outside your car - the Audi BT range is quite good - making phone calls that you pay for .... This is perhaps even more of a concern if you have a cradle installed and leave your phone in it when you leave the car.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, and I definitely plan to do so. However, evidently I'm one of the lucky few for whom that option is completely disabled in the on-screen config, so I need to wait until I have VAG-COM access again to set the PIN to something other than the default. Unless anyone knows how to get around this oddity that disables the on-screen configuration...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The car might be configured for BT with cradle only (channel 134), that way you have to have the phone in the cradle even though the connection is made via BT.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We definitely VAGed for the other option (hands-free, I think), so that's possible, but hopefully not. I know that Lee said this has happened to other folks and no one seems to know the why or how of it...

·
Registered
996 Posts
half_a_florin said:
Elsewhere on this forum Craig strongly recommends that you change the default pin - you can do this through the RNS-E phone menu system as well as with VAG Com. This effectively stops anyone else, possibly outside your car - the Audi BT range is quite good - making phone calls that you pay for .... This is perhaps even more of a concern if you have a cradle installed and leave your phone in it when you leave the car.
I would think that if anyone can pair with your BT module, then any calls that are placed will be charged to their phone service. Plus, if someone breaks into your car, I'm sure that making cellphone calls via the oem BT kit is the least of their priorities. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts