Audi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, be gentle as this is my first post . . . . . .

I have just purchased a RNS-E unit for my car and wondered what version of VAG COM I need to recode the unit.

I have the symphony II unit with Bose so I have ordered the relevant Kufatec cables I require to have a straight plug in unit.
I also just wanted to check the correct code for the RNS-E coding , I believe I need to input a new code of 0309111 . If I was to add a CD changer I believe I would have to change the seventh digit to 3 and if I had CD & TV this would become 4 . . . . . .

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Once you purchase a VAG-COM cable from Ross-tech, the software is free to download with every new release. Just get the newest software version available and you'll be all set.

For your B6, I suggest the HEX-COM or HEX-USB as a minimum... or go for the HEX-COM+CAN or HEX-USB+CAN to have the greatest flexibility (in case you need to help out other Audi owners sometime).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks NSX JR.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have a cable that I purchased from SK Pang (X-TWO) which is dual K line but will only allow me to use up to VAG COM version 409. I asked because if this is version is adequate I will purchase the full VAG COM program for that. But if I require 504 or above I'll have to buy a new cable and the software.

Also was the coding correct for the RNS-E in my vehicle.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh as I thought . . . . . . More money. ha ha ha

I know that SK Pang does the HEX-COM/USB+CAN and they are a lot cheaper than VAG COM prices. I believe they are 'ACTIVE' where they act as a dongle, if that makes sense. So you don't need to do the software activation. Has anyone else had any dealings with them or do you recommend staying with VAG COM cables.

I believe that there are more changes that are required in VAG COM settings . . . .
I dont suppose a generous person on here could clarify my settings if I PM'd them to double check them before I set them . . . Pretty please!!!!

Sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I would recommend to go with the original VAG-COM cable, unless the third party you are buying from has its own software which is well supported. With VAG-COM you get always the newest software and if soemthing doesn't work there is actualy someone who cares and tries to fix the issue. I haven't heard of any third party offering the same level of support. The original is more expensive initially but longterm you will safe money.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Just post your vehicle specifics here... and your planned codings. Somebody will be nice enough to verify them for you...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here goes :

STG 56 Navigation
07 : Coding
0309111 08/2004 A4 with Bose

10 : Adaptation
Chn 001 1964 235/45 R17
Chn 002 45 A4>2004
Chn 003 1 English (UK)
Chn 005 1 up to 5Km/h
Chn 007 +1 distance in miles
+2 speed in mph
+4 time in 12 hr format - leave off if I want 24 hr
+8 date mm/dd/yyyy - What if I want dd/mm/yyyy
+16 repeat voice command - What actually is repeat voice command?? Does it get tedious??
Chn 008 225 GALA via mic(Bose Audiopilot) - Do I add this as I have Bose or 000 for GALA off
Chn 010 0 Northern Hemisphere
Chn 136 02632 RHD Europe

STG 17:
10 : Adaptation
Chn 062 5 Or do I add 4 to what my previous setting was if it wasn't 1 as I have full DIS (unfortunately not colour)

Is there anything else required that I have missed off or got incorrect???

Thanks so far everyone you have been a great help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anybody??????

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts