Audi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends, i'm sorry for my english, i'm spanish and I'm very confused. At this forum I can see the RNS unit for my A4 B6 is the 80E 035 192 C, in my country forums they sais that last letter is a "revission letter" and top letter mean newer model, is it true??

What unit is compatible with my A4 B6????

Thanks......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks craigyb, i had readed this topic yet, but my question is the post on spanish forums about the letter, they think the letter is only a revision name.

Thanks....

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Any RNS-E with a part number starting with 8E0 will work in an A4 B6/B7. There is the BASIC RNS-E with the index letter C (software up to 0100) and D (software 0360) and the HIGH RNS-E (with SDS) with index letter H.

·
Registered
14 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
Any RNS-E with a part number starting with 8E0 will work in an A4 B6/B7. There is the BASIC RNS-E with the index letter C (software up to 0100) and D (software 0360) and the HIGH RNS-E (with SDS) with index letter H.
I have a RNS-E 8E0 035 192 C in my car and TEL/Bluetooth with voice control (SDS) factory installed.
Does the H version have SDS for other functionality than phone as well?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
SDS is the "Sprach Dialog System" (Voice Dialog System) that allows you top control the radio, CD, navi and phone via voice. It is supported only by the RNS-E HIGH with hardware version 71 or higher.

What you have is the RNS-E BASIC that allows you to conly control the phone interface but not the other components in the RNS-E.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts