Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new in this forum and recently just got an '06 A6 but was wondering what I have to get in order to watch TV and play DVD from the MMI itself using its original function. My car doesn't have a NAV, Phone or anything like that. It just has the MMI. On the bottom of the screen, the TP and TMC icons are crossed out. My question is, in order for the TV function to work, what module do I have to get? Do I have to get the the NAV module first or what? I'm relatively new to Audi so any of your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.

Best Regards,
Stevai

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Adding a TV tuner requires a different FBAS control head. If you look at the TV uner module, it has 4 antenna connections and the a green fakra out. This is what sends video from the tuner to the display controller, yes composite video.

If your car is not equipped with TV, you will need to add the TV tuner and control module equipped for TV, if you really want to receive stations, then you also need a rear window antenna (kompensor) module. That is if your rear window supports TV.

But just to get an AV input, then just add the adaptor to the tuner and poke your DVD player into that.

TV in motion is also easily done with a tool that enables it and doesn't break the navigation. This seems to work on all can gateway equipped cars although I've yet to try it on an A3.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Craig,

Thanx for the reply and comments, but now my question is, do I have to get the Nav system? I'm guessing no. As you explain, I just basically need to buy the TV tuner and control module and antenna for it right? So can you recommend on where I can get all these stuff? And if you could, please provide me with the Part Numbers of the items. Thank you so much

Best Regards,
Stevai

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I would try kufatec.de, they sell a kit for TV in the A6, but read the small print at the bottom of the page regarding antennas and fbas module, they are all extras.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is just to warn anyboby who intends to shop at www.kufatec.de, especially for international shipments.
I'm currently having a case since more than 2 months now where I have paid everything in advance and never received their parcel which happened to be lost by the carrier. I have provided them with all the proof of non receipt they have requested, and it is now 6 weeks that they keep telling me that they are waiting for detailed delivery report from the carrier. Every time I call them, they confirm that my parts have been newly shipped but nothing has arrived yet.
This people are just not serious and I can only recommend you not to try it.

Just have a look at that thread :
http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?highlight=kufatec&t=503

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Maybe I have just been lucky, but every order I have placed with Kufactec has arrived, maybe 6 weeks later, but usually with a large amount of compensation in the way of extra parts etc.

Sometimes orders have arrived within 3-4 days, I'm in the UK, so I can't complain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts