·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a RNS-e 8E0 035 192C

Version info is displayed as
SW X---
HW H44
HU/NAVI V239000C (doesn't match any of the numbers on your site)
BOOT V220100D
AUDIO A2200078-181203

The original Australia 2005_1 dvd I have is 8P0 919 884 G
SOFIDX:0330
NAVVER:V220059E
AUDVER:A2210126

As expected I'm getting the "DVD unreadable" message - any hints as to what version the previous owner may have used to get the V239000C nav software number? and does anyone have the sw500 or sw550 update files so I can have a play without downloading the entire euro dvd set.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
530 Posts
Where did the RNS-E come from Steve?

Sounds like it might be ex US even though it is a European model ('C').

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was purchased from a seller in Sydney off ebay and supplied with the unopened audi dvd and was packed in the Audi parts box with all protection covers intact - I have no idea on it's history before that.
Stored GPS location data suggests Sydney Australia as the last known home.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It's possible that an upgrade wasn't completed properly and is therefore showing X---.

Do you have access to VAG-COM? If you do, force a downgrade (change adaption channel 97 to '1') with the 0330 disk in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Alister, I'm still waiting on the cable to arrive for vag-com and that will be my next step.

·
Registered
530 Posts
If you're desperate you could always pop into a dealer (if you've got a good relationship with them they'll probably do it for free) otherwise you could ask Guy Harding nicely (who's also in Brisvegas).

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The Audio version on the RNS-E looks like one of the pre-release versions, but the NAVI version doesn't match anything I have ever seen before. It should be possible though to clean the mess up and make it read your navi DVD. Send me a PM or email if you have some computer skills and a CD writer.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Do you see "DVD unreadable" message in red color?
If it is RED then it is bad media (or bad drive).

If it is blue color then your maps are not compatible with the firmware.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a nasty feeling it is in red, I'll run a test again tonight to confirm.
The Navigation initialising message is in whatever color the page was before reading - blue for nav / greenish for names etc. The drive takes several minutes to bring up the bad read error, although cds read fine so it is not a motor issue.
The disk is a brand new oe package from Audi and reads ok on a pc drive.
Is the dvd drive module inside the rns-e replaceable? and if so, cost?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
If you have original DVD and message is displayed in RED but you can read CDs, then laser alignment is bad or laser eye is defective. It could be possibe to fix alignment issue if you will find electronic repair shop willing to do it. It will be very hard to find one tho.
I don't really think that you can find replacement parts unless you buy another unit with good drive and other defective parts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Error messsage is in RED, but runs 2004 disk ok.
thanks for your help

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rabbit came to the rescue

Thanks Rabbit (Cem ) for supplying a replacement motherboard.

The unit now runs the later naviagtion disc.

Belguim to Australia in a week - Excellent service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts