Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I buy one car, a AUDI A4, with gps system, but no cd/dvd's.

So, how i know what software i need to buy ?

i can put some information here about my gps system:

navi plus mmi inter 6
soft 0060 harwer H44
version 1
can any body help me?

thanks all :roll:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Where is the quoted information from? Is there a sticker on the unit that has a part number? Based on the information you posted it could be an RNS-E but the "inter 6" I have never seen before.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
No, the RNS-E in the A3, A4 and last generation A6 is a single device unit with MMI like controls where the MMI is a multi component system in the current A6, A8 and Q7. If you see anywhere the word RNS-E then it's not MMI. If you get a DVD or device that only says "for MMI" then it's not for the RNS-E.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but if in my system they say something like "navi plus mmi inter 6..."

is safe buy one RNS-E version? :shock:

you can see my point right?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I have no idea what a "navi plus mmi inter 6..." is, get the part number for the device and we will be able to tell what it is. The part number is a 9 to 11 character string, like 8E003192D or so.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
On a label on the device.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:shock: hummmm... is necessary i detach my device from spot?

i cant do this from software?

:roll:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Back to my initial question, where is the "navi plus mmi inter 6..." coming from? Did you read it off the device with VAG-COM? If yes, the part number is shown in the same window. If not, how did you get this?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I believe to translate what is asking this guy:
He has an old RNS-E HW.44 and he's searching for the navigation DVD??
ptman is right?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
It would help if he posted a picture of it fitted in the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok. forget the information that i put here, how i see what version of software i need?

AudiA4B6US say that with one code get from "one label on the device" is possible determine what software i need to buy.

so i ask, is possible see some information from software to say here? if not, where i see that label?

thanks people

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
It is easy to work out from all of the above that you have an A4 with an RNS-E system

The only confusion is that the RNS-E systems power up with an "MMI" logo

The latest 2007 RNS-E DVD is 8P0 919 884 M for Europe

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
ptman said:
if not, where i see that label?
There are SO MANY different versions of Audi sat nav systems that we HAVE to know the part number of the one fitted to your car to be able to help you.

As AudiA4B6US said, the label is on the top of your sat nav.

If you have VAG-COM (or know someone who does) you can see the part number (e.g. 8E0 035 192 D) when you connect to the sat nav.

If you do not have VAG-COM then you need to buy or borrow the 4 special keys to enable you to slide the unit out of the dash to see the label.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Ok, we are not talking the same language. Let's try it with some pictures. Do you have either of the following "GPS" devices?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
If you do have either of those - then we'll move this discussion to the correct Forum, because neither of them is MMI!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well, is the bottom, RNS-E.

can told me the version of software i need to buy with only this information?

i can't see any code like 8E003192D.

tks guys :roll:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Glad we finally figured that out. Well, the software is on the map DVD and you can use any map DVD that has a part number starting with 8P0. Check the quick links for a list of all available part numbers for RNS-E map DVDs.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Didn't I already post that about 5 posts back?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.