Audi Forum banner

What setting do you use for the background?

• NIGHT setting so it is always black background

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DAY setting so it is always a white background

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you use:

1) AUTO setting so it is white background with lights off and black background with lights on;

2) NIGHT setting so it is always black background; or

3) DAY setting so it is always a white background?

Just curious.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would have preferred that the RNS-E day and night screen would have been controlled by the light sensor in auto mode in stead of the (automated) light switch. Seems to make more sense (when you want to drive with lights on during daylight)!

·
Registered
142 Posts
waterpetter said:
I would have preferred that the RNS-E day and night screen would have been controlled by the light sensor in auto mode in stead of the (automated) light switch. Seems to make more sense (when you want to drive with lights on during daylight)!
indeed.......here it is very normal (and advised because of better visability/safety!) to have always lights on, so i never use the auto mode for the lights, but when the nav screen is also on auto color mode, it sticks to night color :-( I started to manually change it from day to night, but found this so stupid and bad programming (since there is a light sensor in the car, not only for the lights, but also for the screen dimmer and the follow-me home lights!) that i now keep it on auto, so it means it is stick to night, which is less annoying during the day, than day mode during the night

·
Registered
11 Posts
When you're driving night, in the city for short distances, it's ok to have the day setting with white roads.

If you're out of the city (where outside light sources are not so many) it's prefferable to have the night setting with black roads.

I drove for 10 hours in Germany where "autobahn" (national roads) have no light at all and I forced to turn off the display after 1 hour. It was really hard for my eyes to have the display even dimmed to the lowest. The infos on DIS, are more than enough to navigate.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have been using the night setting all the time. Seems more natural looking with my all black dash in my S4. I also have pretty dark windows so I don't have a glare problem from the sun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts