Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is difference between RNS-E and MMI?

All i knew, they are both DVD based navigation.

is it possible to install MMI on 2000 A6????

Plz help me out!

Thanks

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
RNS-E is the double DIN head unit used in the A3, A4 and A6 C5. MMI i s the modular infotainment system used in the A6 C6, A8, Q7 and future A5 and A4 B8.

Unless you retrofit all components of an MMI system, the answer to your question is no.

·
Registered
3 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
RNS-E is the double DIN head unit used in the A3, A4 and A6 C5. MMI i s the modular infotainment system used in the A6 C6, A8, Q7 and future A5 and A4 B8.

Unless you retrofit all components of an MMI system, the answer to your question is no.
So people on ebay claming to sell a Nav+ RNS-E MMI Navigation system are BSing right?

Also one guy told me the part number was 8P0 ### ### and thats it. When I asked him if there were any letters at the end he claimed that was the complete part number and no letters. Don't all nav units have 9 characters and then a letter afterwards to show which "verison" it is?

Edit: He was from Lithuania...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
No, the RNS-E has MMI like controls, that's why it's not completely wrong. But it's misleading and should not be used by serious sellers.

There is an 8P0 035 192 and there is an 8H0 035 192, both without index letter because they were both the first revision of a Navigation Plus device for their platform (8P and 8H). There should also be soon a 8J0 035 192 (no index) when the TT MkII gets the RNS-E in early 2007. So in this case your seller is correct.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
No, the RNS-E has MMI like controls, that's why it's not completely wrong. But it's misleading and should not be used by serious sellers.

I think the confusion is caused by the fact that the "MMI" logo comes up on the RNS-E start-up screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts