Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NSX-JR said "It powers your diversity antenna selector box", but then I've no idea what that is or what it does! The RNS-D that I fitted to my S4 didn't have one, but the RNS-D I removed from my RS6 did. So this term is new to me.

Unfortunately the fakra cable that came with my RNS-E kit is wrong such that the 'curry' connector won't fit - I end up with a male-to-male situation. So if I don't bother to connect it.. what will happen.. or not happen?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Diversity antenna is a four antenna system. The diversity box receives the signals from all four antennas and decides which one is the best at any given moment, then allows that signal to pass on to the headunit. Without the diversity connection (the smaller connector) from the headunit, the diverstiy box will have no power and will not be able to choose between the antennas. In this case I think it will just use one antenna all the time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.