Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new at this forum, Dutch and not really a technician and I have a question. :roll:

Last week my brandnew A3 SB has been deliverd with a RNS-E and Bose sound system. The only thing missing at this point is a carkit for my HP6915 PDA.
I have a Parrot CK3100 but I need some advise on how to connect this so my system mutes when a call arrives. Beside that I want to hear voice over my carspreakers and not a separate speaker.

What do I need to get beside the Parrot carkit and how do I connect it?

Kind regards,

Arno

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
You wire it the same way like Audi setup but without CAN wires

So connect TEL +/ - to pin C6 / C12
Mute wire to pin D11

and power red / black wire to any 12V source (you can wire it to power in RNS-E harness)

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Tel inputs on the RNS-E are speaker-level inputs, so connecting the Parrot kit is easy. Basically, you clip off their ISO harness and connect one speaker wire pair to the pins Proxus mentioned, plus the mute wire (yellow, IIRC). I used the right front speaker wires off the Parrot kit and it works perfectly. You can safely clip the other wires from the Parrot kit to save space.

·
Registered
2 Posts
PROXUS said:

Mute wire to pin D11

and power red / black wire to any 12V source (you can wire it to power in RNS-E harness)
Hi there.

I have a 3100 installed already, however the sound comes out of an ugly external speaker in the footwell. How can I do away with that, and get the audio through the car speakers?

What is pin C6 /C12? I have an Audi B5 RS4 with the Symphony head unit and BOSE amplifier, the pinouts on the back of the head unit are shown below

Cheers
Grant

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
GrantF said:
PROXUS said:

Mute wire to pin D11

Hi there.

I have a 3100 installed already, however the sound comes out of an ugly external speaker in the footwell. How can I do away with that, and get the audio through the car speakers?

What is pin C6 /C12? I have an Audi B5 RS4 with the Symphony head unit and BOSE amplifier, the pinouts on the back of the head unit are shown below

Cheers
Grant
The pin numbers given were for an RNS-E so you won't find them on a Symphony!

Look in the top right of the picture you posted, there is a section marked TELEFON. You connect the MUTE to the signal from your 3100 that goes to +12V when there is a phone call, then remove the wires from your ugly speaker and connect them to the TEL.LINE+ and TEL.LINE- pins.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cheers Dave,

Another quick question.

Is there anywhere (UK) recommended for buying additional ISO plug terminal pins and as well as a tool to remove the terminal pins , as I'd like to tidy up a few of the wires on the ISO plugs.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
GrantF said:
Is there anywhere (UK) recommended for buying additional ISO plug terminal pins and as well as a tool to remove the terminal pins , as I'd like to tidy up a few of the wires on the ISO plugs.
Easiest way to get terminal pins is to get a repair wire from an Audi dealer - that has two pins on each end, cut it in half and splice the wires.

I use a set of jewellers screwdrivers to remove the pins - that works for me on all the connectors in an Audi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.