Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm burning CDs on Nero 7 using the audio jukebox tool and only the first two folders are showing up when I try playing the CD in my car. The computer shows that all the files are on the disc, and the disc plays fine in my computer, but not in the RSN-E unit. I also tried creating a CD on nero using the Data CD function, but that CD couldn't be read at all by the RNS-E unit. I used to use Roxio and that seemed to work with very little problems so I'm not sure why Nero is any different. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
The RNS-E is very fussy about filenames (much fussier than your PC!) - if there is any "unusual" characters in a filename it will just stop reading the CD. Check for characters like ! and other punctuation, and remove them then try again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. "Fussy" doesn't even begin to describe the unit. I don't think it's the punctuation because some of the discs that work contain files with commas and ampersands in the name. I do think I might have figured it out, though. The discs that work have a .m3u playlist file on the disc, which might be necessary. I just need to figure out why it was created on some of my discs and why it wasn't on others. Thanks again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I believe the manual covers how to format the files so it is read.

If you need to do a massive renaming, I suggest you get a copy of "The Godfather" from www.download.com. It helps take care of all that kinda renaming stuff.

Good luck.

Will someone travel to the Audi factory and shoot the engineer who forgot to add an Aux. input, or real iPod integration to these cars?!?! I think we could get a fund going.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts