Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I got an A8 2006 W12 and was wondering if there are any way for me to watch dvd movies on my car? Any links or help?

TIA

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Only way would be to get the OEM TV tuner and add a DVD player to one of the two AV inputs it has. You can't get them in the USA...so you'll have to look to european suppliers for the tuner and kit.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Adding a TV tuner requires a different FBAS control head. If you look at the TV uner module, it has 4 antenna connections and the a green fakra out. This is what sends video from the tuner to the display controller, yes composite video.

If your car is not equipped with TV, you will need to add the TV tuner and control module equipped for TV, if you really want to receive stations, then you also need a rear window antenna (kompensor) module. That is if your rear window supports TV.

But just to get an AV input, then just add the adaptor to the tuner and poke your DVD player into that.

TV in motion is also easily done with a tool that enables it and doesn't break the navigation. This seems to work on all can gateway equipped cars although I've yet to try it on an A3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts