Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... and support for Acura, BMW, etc. systems.

They released a software update that fixes a lot of things, but breaks something about the bluetooth.

When you get a call you do not hear the audio or ring coming from the stereo system... instead you will hear people shouting from your pocket.
This issue has been confirmed on Howard Forums.

However, I just purchased a Sony Ericsson W810i from eBay and it works BEAUTIFULLY with the Navigation Plus system! The range is incredible... I was having BT signal issues with my old phone but this thing works great from a few yards outside the car! :)

Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's good to hear smash, I was debating getting a w810i from ebay and was nervous about compatibility. I have a Nokia 6111 and I don't get full functionality with it, so I'm going to go for it now.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I highly recommend the W810i, very slick and lightweight.
Mine has software R4CK003 for reference. I'm skeptical of updates from SE from this point, even though that WAS an update to the original.

I think the current-gen elbow-flip phones all use the same software but this phone is part of a different family, so if you have an elbow phone do not install its update until the next one arrives.

·
Registered
5 Posts
W810i functionality

I just wanted to be sure, does the RNS-E download phonebook etc from the SE W810i? thanks in advance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts