Audi Forum banner

Voice tags now work on C5 A6 (Allroad) w/ "J" BT unit

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  petethepug 
#1 ·
Thanks Lee! Your post for, "Voice tags for phone's contacts!" works great on my '02 Allroad. I hit the R/T button (lower left) on the MFSW. I then scrolled (middle and upper left side buttons) to a contact on the DIS. I pressed and HELD the phone icon button (lower right) until I heard the tone. After saying store quite a few times, Viola! It works. I'm not sure why it took so many attempts to get the first one to store from the DIS directory.

I'm using the TREO 650 from Cingular. As everyone has found out, Cingular's Treo's Contacts do not show up in the RNS-e Phonebook. I discovered that the RNS-e will upload contacts from the "favorite’s page". There are five pages of favorites (contacts) available. Each favorite’s page has 14 spaces to add a contact totaling 60 unloadable contacts. They do not alphabetize automatically. The RNS-e Phonebook contacts will appear in the order you enter them on your Treo’s favorites pages.

There is an option on the Treo's Favorite page for a quick key short cut. Don’t use it. If you do, that character will show up after the title in the RNS-e Phonebook. (i.e.: Disneyland5 or DisneylandK).

My car originally came with the Symphony II radio and Premium package so the MFSW was already in the car. Proxus supplied the RNS-e, Teddybgame created the harness for the XM radio, Phatnoise, ME3, Dietz 1417 and BT. BBC did the frick’n incredible install and seamless installation of the whole thing while adding a shark fin diversity antenna from a ’05 Allroad. He just updated the unit to the ’07 US software so the “nag†screen is gone. I love the 3D view of the maps and the mute feature. I did notice that there is now a “nag†screen that appeared while dialing a number through the RNS-e. This occurred only when dialing manually through the unit.

I love this forum!!

Michael '02 6SP M Allroad
Wish I could find a Grey/Black 3rd row seat
:twisted:

See less See more
#4 ·
Lone Dissenter

I do think the idea of an integrated solution is great but expensive. I went with a parrot evolution + a windows smartphone (tmobile sda II) + Fonix voice recognition (on the smartphone) + jetwaremobile bluetooth gateway software (under advanced settings enable the use OEM voice dialer option).

Everytime I push the green button on the parrot it activates voice recognition on the smartphone and I have the whole phone directory (1k plus contacts) available to me. No voice tags needed!!!!

All this for under $200 is not bad. I have the RNS-E - but to install the MSFW plus bluetooth plus mic puts me nearly in the 1K range and for me its not worth the extra money - id rather have a backup camera.

To each his own - but for those who want voice recognition and have a smartphone this works pretty well.

#6 ·
Backup Camera Fetish

Teddybgame - didnt you know that I live in front of a nudist beach :) Just kidding. its actually a camera or parktronic. Now that you mention it I did see that Kufatec sells the sensors and controllers - how hard do you think it would be to install (other than a new bumper OR a few holes in the one I have)

I have kids and I have a permanent nightmare that I might back over one or my dog........

#7 ·
Discovered that the BT will alphabetize contacts/favorites

I've noticed that the BT has alphabetized the contact/favorites list that scrolls on the DIS. It seems to have updated everything after a day of use with the Treo 650.

The new sw also has a “nag†screen if you begin to enter a destination and then put the vehicle is in motion. Seems like a no nonsense feature.

I've also noticed that the temp. reading in the DIS has a + appearing in front of the temp. I do not know if that was there before the sw update.

Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.