Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out a solution to this...I would love to have voice dialing if I were to bite the bullet with an RNSE-Unit. Maybe new steering wheel?

·
Registered
114 Posts
blackmagics4_tt said:
Has anyone figured out a solution to this...I would love to have voice dialing if I were to bite the bullet with an RNSE-Unit. Maybe new steering wheel?
I am using Bjarne's CANGate to fix the time issue and also allow voice dialing. I have a 2000 S4 so the ESP switch is not present. I used an ASR switch in that location hooked up to the CANGate for voice dialing. If you have a newer S4 with the ESP switch then I don't think you have a blank switch location. If that is the case then you will have to get creative.

·
Registered
32 Posts
bfly said:
blackmagics4_tt said:
I am using Bjarne's CANGate to fix the time issue and also allow voice dialing. I have a 2000 S4 so the ESP switch is not present. I used an ASR switch in that location hooked up to the CANGate for voice dialing. If you have a newer S4 with the ESP switch then I don't think you have a blank switch location. If that is the case then you will have to get creative.
What else did you need to get this to work?

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am still working on researching this, but it doesn't look like it will likely happen this summer. What I am now hoping to do is integrate a 3-spoke multifunction steering wheel off the new S3 into my B5. I am still in the beginning stages of my research however. So far, I have found that the steering wheel itself is not tremendously pricey (especially compared to the $1200 B7 RS4 wheels I have seen for sale). I am still trying to figure out what type of airbag I would need for this wheel, and how and what cables I will need to run from the wheel to the RNS-E. I am beginning to piece together an RNS-E setup right now so I can hopefully have everything I need to do the install this summer. I am waiting on the next batch of canGATE's as well as LI-S4's custom faceplate!! :D I will keep the board posted on my progress as I make more headway on this project...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Edy-Jun said:
bfly said:
I am using Bjarne's CANGate to fix the time issue . . .
What else did you need to get this to work?

thanks
Just the CANGate and the switch. I had to tap the lighting for the switch from the back of the cup holder. If you buy a CANGate be sure to tell Bjarne you need the voice dial function enabled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts