Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Listen: a friend of mine tell me he find the way to watch tv in motion without dietz 1280 and without rns-e unlocked.
He fitted 2 switch, 1 on can high and 1 on can low. with this trick he tell me he can watch tv in motion. I can't believe him. What do you think about?
True or false?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
True, but if you do so you are not only cutting two bus wires (where peaks may damage devices on the bus which may get very expensive), you are also taking away any way for the RNS-E to communicate with the car. That means no info on the DIS, the RNS-E doesn't turn on/off with ignition and doesn't know when the lights ar enot turned on. For navigation that means it doesn't get a speed signal and is navigating based on GPS data only.

While this works, it is the last option I would recommend if some desperately needs video in motion.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Plus not only will the RNS-E be logging faults due to the "broken CAN bus" but so will the instruments and the MFSW (if fitted).

Not the best idea I've ever seen ...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Please dont do this. It would be like turning off the water main for your whole neighborhood just to stop a leak in your bathroom.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for your answer! my opinion is like yours! i think the best way to watch tv in motion is to have an interface like dietz 1280 or to unlock your rns-e with the special instrument.

the strange thing is that the guy tell me he have the rns-e full working with this trick. So i think maybe his rns-e was unlocked by the previous owner (he got a second hand unit).

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have A6 allroad, I put a switch on the GALA (speed pulse) line. The upgrade was expensive (£1.49 from electronics shop).

This will not work on all audi models, some get speed pulse from can bus.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
brick-it said:
I have A6 allroad, I put a switch on the GALA (speed pulse) line. The upgrade was expensive (£1.49 from electronics shop).

This will not work on all audi models, some get speed pulse from can bus.
This mod ONLY works when the RNS-E is coded for an A6, so usually when it is used in an A6 or a B5 A4.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you got A4 b6 or B7 only this is one TIP. :wink:

You can VagCom code Like a6
getting:

Code
0?xxxxx: Model
?=5 - Audi A6 (< 2004)

-> Canal 02 (Impulszahl der ABS-Sensoren)= 08

Now your RNS-E navigate without gala ad is tv free.
To get able navigation you have to get the system the time to learn the new setting, driving 30 Km long.

:D

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
rosnik said:
If you got A4 b6 or B7 only this is one TIP. :wink:

You can VagCom code Like a6
And lose my RS4 startup screen? No thanks - I'll get the VIM coding done.

·
Registered
104 Posts
PetrolDave said:
And lose my RS4 startup screen? No thanks - I'll get the VIM coding done.
Sure :!: :twisted:

But sure the best is software OBDII unlocking (VIM coding) . :)

The Navigation works sure better too. :oops:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.