I updated my EU running coverted US software this weekend.
It was showing X for the version, so it wasn't a fully converted to US unit.
I made the 0080VIM CD using EU as source and US and target.
Saved all of the adaptation settings using vag-com.
Changed 97 to 1 and inserted the 0080VIM cd update started
Unit rebooted in german hehe, checked channel 05 it was at 250, YES!!
Inserted the normal 0150 DVD, update started, unit rebooted.
Checked version 0150 yes a full US unit.
Checked channel 05 was at 1, darn
The strange thing is that I still had all of my NAV locations still stored in memory, hmm odd other people said that they had been cleared out.
Made a US source US target 0080VIM cd.
Changed 97 to 1, and inserted.
Again it updated, checked 05 it was 250.
Inserted 0150 DVD updated, checked channel 5 it was at 1!!
Repeated one more time, and same result
Hmm thinking to myself maybe because it is an EU unit I need to update with 0080VIM and then pull power for 12 hours.
Updated with 0080 cd one more time, checked channel 5 it was 250.
Disconncted battery and let sit for ~15 hours until this afternoon.
Checked channel 5 just to be safe, it was still 250.
Updated with 0150 DVD.
Checked channel 5, it is still 250!!
Checked the NAV memory, and I have a bunch of German locations LOL
Not a problem I will return everything back to normal.
The only question I have it my startup volume is pretty loud, how do I change it?
I thought that it was in engineering mode under radio rest menu 3.
I tried changing the volume while in that menu a couple of times with no results.
Even tried rebooting the unit using the radio and setup buttons but it is still loud.
It has this same loud volume when unmuting even if the volume was low before turning on the mute button.
Is there an adaptation channel for this?
Thanks for the awesome work, now if we could just have the US units stay on until the key is pulled out I would be very happy!!
What exactly is not clear? If you use the instructions and just replace any reference to US/V222 with EU/V220 the update should work.I've got the same problem here, could do with some help converting my US RNS-E to EU.
There's lots of info for EU to US, but it's not clear how to go US to EU.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. [-o<
Hey Guys,So I have a b6 (Bose system) with retrofitted Euro unit converted to US mode with latest 2010 maps and 0260 firmware and here is my experience:
1.Burned EU80 disk, Klaus tool source US and target US
2. Burned Us200 update, changed in index.txt file 200 to 270 using Notepad, make sure file is not set to "read only", to check right click on file and choose properties
3. Vag-com channel 97 set to 1
4. inserted hacked EU80 disk, after update removed fuse number 30 for 12 hours
5. inserted 0200/0270 and updated
6. vag-com channel 37, adaptation channel 05 is sstill set to 250. Awesome!!!
7. inserted 2009-2010 map dvd. Wtf? Nav lady speaks from rear speakers. While its not a big deal, I decided to fix it.
8. Burned us150 software, changed index.txt from 0150 to 0280
9.Burned us200 software, changed index.txt from 0200 to 0290
10. downgraded to 0150/280, checked channel 05, value was 1, tried manually change 250, did not work
11. updated to 200/290, still the same, channel 05 is set to 1. Damn it!!
12. Downgraded to hacked eu80, disconnected radio fuse and went to sleep
13. 12 hours later inserted 0150/280, upgraded, checked channel 05 is still at 250 value
14. did all the adaptation values, channel 136 set to 5
15. inserted 0200/290, upgraded and checked channel 05. Bingo, its still set at 250 and nav lady speaks from the front
p.s. during the first process when I would insert an update disk, rns-e was updating only once with the same disk. On my second set of tries it was updating twice with the same disk. So basically I would insert update disk, it updates, reboots, starts updating again and reboots for the second time.
Really old EU SW versions (like 0080) used different values for channel 136:didn't have to change a thing on chan 136 (though i had a funny value 3236 or something similar)