Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I just bought and installed a RNS-E navi and Dietz 1417 (for ext DVD) for my Audi A4 1.9 TDi 2003.
I'm really wondering what the options are for Video in Motion (VIM).

I heard of:

1) Update via OBD2?
2) Buying the Dietz 1280
3) Firmware update?
4) Disconnecting the GALA wire and install on/off switch?

I know I can buy the Dietz 1280, but I'm not certain about the other options. Hope you guys can enlighten some.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Option 3 does not exist (yet) and option 4 is not an option in the A4 B6 because there is no GALA wire. You could get a speed/reverse signal from the cluster and code the RNS-E for an A6 though, in this case you cold use the switch to turn the speed signal on/off.

That leaves you with option 1 (only possible in some German/Dutch cities) and option 2.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do live in Holland so I'm really looking for the OBD2 option. Have you got any idea how you can do the trick? I'd like to buy the cable/sw myself in case I need to but I'm really wondering what to change exactly.

Thanks for your post already !

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
So far the only way to get the RNS-E unlocked via OBD is to go to one of those guys who offer it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope there is a way I can do it by buying some kind of OBD2 cable with software so I can do it myself. The OBD2 update offered here in Holland is 300 EURO.

But, if I find a way I will post it here ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts