Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of u might remember, I also placed a RNS-E in my 2001 A6.

First of all , my car has no bose, and only the small dis or fis ( so no tripcomputer with milage and fuel and info )

The car however does have the correct wires for the can-bus (infotainment can= orange/lilac (high) and orange/brown (low) ) mounted behind the radio.
These are 100% correctly connected to the RNS-E. Yet, i had all the problems like can-bus was not there ( no illumination, shuts down after 30 mins .....)
So i assumed the car only had comfort can, and no infotainment can.
( dispite the correct wires behind the radio )
To solve this problem is bought an can-emulater, wich works fine.

here is the odd part :

Last week I changed the battery of the car. I diconnected the + an - and reconnected them to the new battery. Everything was fine i presumed. The first thing I noticed was that the cruise control was not active anymore. I guess when u pull the plug on the battery, there are several error codes that have to be cleared. So I went to the dealer to have them cleard and turn the cruise control back on. When they hooked up the vag-com, they could not turn it on, because it was never shut off !!

When the dealer then checked the cluster ( trough the vag-com ) he told me it was not configured. Odd.

My question is : could it be that the can-bus is disabled because of the cluster that is not correctly "adjusted" ?

The RNS-E is not hooked up to the K-line, should I do this before I give the dealer the car for fixing the cluster and cruise issue ?

thx in advance

I hope it can be fixed, so another mistery can be resolved :)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you didn't have any CAN connected device factory installed then CAN will be disabled. You may be lucky and by setting #17 channel 62 to 1 or 5 you can enable CAN to the RNS-E and it will start working without CAN emulator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.