Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Couldnt find anything through search so aplogies if this has been discussed.

On my old s4 rns-e, the music used to fade out while the voice command was heard. My retrofit in my rs4 doesnt do this and I cant easily find a setting that does this.
Any ideas?
Basically, if the music is loud, I want it faded when the nav voice is speaking...

Thanks

·
Registered
530 Posts
The way it works has changed with updated SW versions.

What version did your old RNS-E have on it and what version does the new one have?

·
Registered
72 Posts
the911sc said:
Hi all,
Couldnt find anything through search so aplogies if this has been discussed.

On my old s4 rns-e, the music used to fade out while the voice command was heard. My retrofit in my rs4 doesnt do this and I cant easily find a setting that does this.
Any ideas?
Basically, if the music is loud, I want it faded when the nav voice is speaking...

Thanks
Not sure if this helps...but you can increase the NAV voice commands independant of the audio output level. When the command is active, turn the volume up..it will change just the command volume relative to the audio output. Best I can do..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, yes i had 06 maps in my s4 (can remember the sw level) and now have the newest tmc enabled 07 maps +sw

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was aware of the two ways of changing the static volume of the nav voice; seems the new sw doesnt fade the music down anymore when doing announcements.?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've only just installed my RNS-E and for the first few days it did not drop the music volume while speaking, but today I noticed that if I turn the music up louder, then it does in fact reduce the music volume when the sat nav is speaking. :D

So maybe it only works when the music volume is above a certain level, compared to the speach. :?:

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
yes, please read the links in this topic...

quote:

Yes, the nav lady will turn down your music, but only if she needs to. It depends on two things... how loud your music is... and how loud you have set the nav lady to speak. Since the nav lady always speaks at the same volume (independent of the music volume)... then she only turns down your music if it is considerably louder than her voice volume.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Haaggie said:
quote:

Yes, the nav lady will turn down your music, but only if she needs to. It depends on two things... how loud your music is... and how loud you have set the nav lady to speak. Since the nav lady always speaks at the same volume (independent of the music volume)... then she only turns down your music if it is considerably louder than her voice volume.
Very cool of her.. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts